Black & Blue Hearts-Graceling FanFiction

Start from the beginning

"Up there! In tis tree!"

I've been found! As soon as I was found, I sent down a fireing of twenty arrows, hitting only five of the men. Some were beginning to climb up my tree, so I gracefully shot them down, except I missed two.

Swinging my bow on my back, I jumped from one tree to the other, swinging myself with an agile grace I'd mastered when I was seven. As I jumped to one tree, I'd missed the branch and fell, the list of profanities flying from my mouth extremely appropriate as I landed on my arm.

"She's down! Let's get the little girly."

I shut my eyes, waiting for the attack and trying to sit up, but the blow had been harsh for a twenty feet fall.

I peeled my eyes open and saw a figure fighting off four men, with his bare hands. Oh, so a boy graced in combat? Not very common in Fairklift. We have commons here. I regained my strength and hopped back on my feet, grabbing an arrow out, but wincing when my arm felt heavily broken and immobile.

"You shan't fire arrows, your arm is broken. Run now," he grunted as he fended off two more men.

"Don't be modest, I can still fight." without thinking, I drew out my knife with my good arm, slinging my bow on.

I let out a breath, then threw the mystery man my knife which he caught and sliced a few necks'.

I ran to the camp and grabbed a laying sword, graciously thanking the bafoon who left it there. A few men had come charging my way, but with a few of the moves I'd learnt when I was fourteen, I managed to kill one. The other three were trying to get to me, and I'd noticed that they had average eyes. My eyes were two colors, one a silvery purple as the other was striking green. They had managed to identify me as Lady Lela Grant that way.

My left arm-my hurt arm- lay limp to the side as I strike another mans heart, drawed out, and strike anothers. The death of these inglorious bastards did nothing to my mental stability. Death does not effect me. You are weak if it effects you. As I ran to the mystery man, I felt a blow to my head from a man I hadn't seen with my heightend senses and collapsed, blacking out.

---

"You must trust Sinclair, Lela, it tis the only way for you to find me. Work as one. Hurry, you shan't waste time Lela."

---

"Lady Lela?" The call of my name rose me from my half asleep estate. I fluttered my eyelids, trying to move my body. "Lady Lela, please, do not move."

I tried to peer at the person who said it, it was the castle's nurse. What happend? Where was the mystery man? Bastards, Jantz is going to give me one shit of a talk.

"Good morning Nurse Caroline." I said groggily, as she continued to patch up my leg? "You had a terrible wounded gash on your left leg. It's a luck that Prince Sinclair was there. It was unbelivable to find twenty two men in death, and you just laying there. You've outdid yourself Lady Lela."

"You've seen this?" she shook her head, chuckling softly. "Oh dear no, Prince Sinclair told us all about it. How he was wandering his way to castle, because he lost his escorts, the Grant brothers. Then he had heard of battle noises, and stumbled across this scene."

"So my brothers are coming?" I asked softly, watching a she pursed her lips and concentrated on my leg. "Yes, they are here. All three of them." she watched me warily, then helped me sit up.

"I have four brothers." I informed her, assured she must of slipped up. "I'll let them explain, if you are well enough." I nodded. She quickly left the room, and I felt my heart race against a new speed. Three of them?

There was Jeruico, my eldest brother, who was graced with mind reading. He's been the most carefullust, since he had a powerful grace.

Then Kyleick, my second brother, who wasn't graced at all. He was one of the unfortunate ones, who lived a common life though born from a great line of graced members.

I was third, graced in archery. I could shoot up to four arrows at a time, but that was for high measures. Graced or not, we all had learned from our Grandma, Patrien, who was graced in sword fighting. She was captured; yet I do not know where. But somehow, she'd been sending me messages through my dreams, all about Sinclair.

Fourth was Hanyeit, who was graced in sword fighting as Grandma. Tis was Patrie's star learner, as he was the one who loved her most.

Fifth was my favorite, Garret. He was the baby of the family, as yet blind. Although blind, Garret had teh most amazing senses, he could catch my arrows and catch a quirky rat if he wanted to. I adore him, alsdo my other brothers. If he was gone, I didn't know what to do.

"Lela?" I heard a familiar voice call my name, and I braced myself for whatever was to come. Jeruico stepped in, a relief, but still not as comforting.

"Hello Jeruico." I croaked, smiling at him. "You do not look well." Broken arm, gash legged, and one of my brothers is missing. What do you think Jeruico? He read my mind, and nodded in understanding. "Just cut to it, who took one of my brothers?" I growled, feeling myself heat up in angered sadness.

"Hanyeit tis dead, with his own sword in his heart."

----

Word Count: 1610

Vote, Comment, Fan(x

Thanks for reading(;

Love,

<3 JAYDEANNE,