"Bro," Enzo began.  He had a bad feeling about this talk.  He hoped his feelings were wrong.

"It's okay," Stephanie said to Enzo and touched his forearm. 

"Alright, I'll just head back to the house and get my surfboard."

"Sige," Stephanie began following Ashton as he walked down the beach.  "Sir Ashton," she huffed as she caught up to him, his long strides too quick for her shorter legs.  "I'm sorry about last night.  I was really wasted, and I know that's not an excuse for whatever I may have said or done, so I can only offer my sincerest sorry," she bit her bottom lip.

Ashton looked at her.  "Alcohol brings out people's honesty," he said seriously.

"I can understand if I'm fired," she looked down at her feet as the water landed over them.

"You're not fired," he looked away from her.

"I...I'm not?" she looked at him in surprise.

"Nope.  Wala ka namang ginawa na unforgivable.  You did try to pick up someone for me," he laughed.

"Oh my...I'm so sorry!  Successful naman po ba?  Maganda naman po ba?" she covered her face with one hand.

"Hindi.  Sorry, pero I wasn't interested in her, even if maganda nga sya," he stole a glance at Stephanie again.  "I'm actually pretty interested in someone else," he looked at her meaningfully, but she didn't see his face.

"Ay, oo nga po pala...not that I was eavesdropping, pero I overheard na may girlfriend ka na pala."

"It's complicated."

"I can relate."

"Huh?"

"Sa complicated na yan."

"So may boyfriend ka back home?" he asked uneasily, although he wanted to know the answer.

"Depends."

"On?"

"On many different things...on many different people," she shrugged.

"Wow.  I never expected you to just sit there and not do anything to change your situation."

"Well, sometimes you just do what you have to do."

He felt relieved that she didn't have a boyfriend, but at the same time he felt troubled that the moment she returned home, she would.  She was in the same boat as him...with someone else in control of one aspect of their lives.  His free hand reached for her free hand and squeezed it.  Dahil sa ginawa nya, napatingala si Stephanie sa kanya.  He faced her slowly and started leaning down.

"Gigi!" Enzo returned now also wearing board shorts and a rash guard while carrying his short board.  "Wanna surf?"

Stephanie let go of Ashton's hand and turned to Enzo.  "Uh, hindi ako marunong eh."

"Tuturuan kita!" Enzo said excitedly.

"Wala akong pang surf."

"May swim suit ka ba?"

"Wala eh."

"I bought you one when I bought my rash guard."

"Ano?" nagulat si Stephanie sa narinig.

"Binigay ko na kay Carlota.  Sige na, magbihis ka na.  Hintayin ka namin dito."

Stephanie looked at Ashton as if asking for permission.  Ashton just smiled at her in confirmation.  Sa totoo lang, matagal nang gustong magswimming ni Stephanie pero hindi nya lang magawa kasi wala nga syang dalang swim suit.  Sana lang cute ang napili ni Enzo.  Mabilis syang nagbihis at sinuot ulit ang kanyang duster.  Binalikan nya na sina Enzo at Ashton na ngayon ay nakabalik na sa may gate. 

Losing Controlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें