Part 4

Part 4.

Note: Hooray for another update!

     Eddie awoke rather lazily. He somehow managed to make it to his couch to sleep the night rather than his own bed. No matter; the sheep slept comfortably enough. He stretched his body across the comfortable surface and rolled over. He tried going back to sleep but the urge to use the bathroom overwhelmed him and so he got up. Once risen from the couch, Eddie experienced a massive head rush and placed a hoof to his temple. Yup, going to need painkillers for that, he thought. He headed to the kitchen and browsed his medicine cabinet until he found them. After addressing the morning hangover, Eddie made a breakfast of oatmeal and assorted fruits with complimentary orange juice. He never really cared for cooking, but living on his own made him learn more about it and the more he was forced to do it, the more he enjoyed it; primarily because he was actually creating edible dishes now. Once he was done, he sat down and began to eat. While doing so, Eddie tried thinking about the events of the night before. He and Buster had hung out and played games, had dinner, picked a movie, had made himself a really good cocktail... and that's about it, he thought. Nothing exciting. He had thought he remembered an intimate moment, as if he had kissed someone but he brushed the thought aside and figured it was just a thought he had the night before. He took another bite. As the sleepy hazed brushed to the side, more memories began to come back to him. He remembered Buster leaving in a rush. Like he was scared of something... Eddie shook his head; why would Buster be afraid? It was just the two of them. Maybe something with the bank... Eddie wracked his brain. No, Buster in financially stable now... Another bite of oatmeal.That's right, we talked about his bachelor status. Eddie grinned at the thought of teasing Buster about being single. He took another bite of his meal. Maybe he was afraid of me asking about such personal things? I mean, I'm no stud either. Another bite. Oh yeah, I asked him about liking guys. Probably made the poor guy nervous, Eddie recalled his actions while in his drunken state. Always thought Buster had a thing for guys and girls, never thought he was a full out queer. Then again, I guess not many people would guess the same about me. Eddie mused about his romantic life. He really did miss having a partner, a boyfriend. His mind went back to Buster. He again scooped some oatmeal onto his spoon and took a bite. He is really cute... Eddie spat out the mouthful of oatmeal and choked on the last bit of it. He stood up from the kitchen island and beat his chest to help cough out the rest of the oatmeal remnants.

     "Oh my God..." Eddie held a hoof to his mouth and began tapping the other feverishly against the island's top.

"Oh my God, oh my God ohmyGod..."

     Eddie began to hold his head in his hands. He let out a multitude of curses as he remembered last night. He remembered why Buster left in a frightened state.

     "Shit, how am I going to make it up to him for that?"

     Buster and Johnny had been perusing the impressive bike shop. Buster was overwhelmed with all the different brands and models he didn't know where to start. Johnny had gone over to where the skateboards were held which left Buster to browse on his own. Buster decided to narrow down his selection by talking to an employee, a gazelle.

     "Yes, excuse me sir, but do you have any bikes with fitted pedals for individuals of my size?"

     The gazelle swung himself over th counter and had a rugged look to him. He looked at the koala like he hadn't heard what he said and when Buster was about to speak again, he was cut off.

     "Yeah, I'll take you to them." The gazelle swaggered in front of him and started walking. Buster suddenly became very thankful of the teens he worked with. Meena, Ash and Johnny (until two months ago) were never so aloof with him. Buster was led to rows of bikes that had fitted pedals to accommodate his short legs. One by one, he hopped onto them and tested out how the bikes fit him. When he came to one that he especially liked, he rode it for a bit in the back parking lot and brought it to the front of the store to be checked out.