Chapter 27

Caseys pov

I smell the air as soon as I reach home. The smell is so inviting and once I see Athena and Amanda running towards me I can't help but to smile. Picking Athena up first on one hip and then Amanda on the other. They both gab at the same time I don't really understand something about wanting to go in a trip with me next I think.

" Slow down guys I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. " I put them down and they pout then look behind me and frown.

" Who are they mommy. " Athena asks and points at Nicki and Anna.

" This is Nicki and Anna they're friends of mine. You be nice to them okay. " Amanda nods and grabs Anna's hand and pulls her towards the house. While Athena scrunched her eyes up at Nicki as he grabs my hand and hides behind my back.

" Nicki this is my daughter she's nice go with her okay. " he nods slowly and walks even slower after her as she runs after Amanda and Anna.

" Daughter? " Falen says as she walks up with a look on her face.

" Yeah I adopted her. She's my baby. Honestly. " Falen then nods and smiles.

" The pack house looks so inviting. " Falen states my thoughts earlier before walking off.

" Casey I'm glad you've returned so quickly. I see pearl and Richard were correct on their findings. " Michele nods towards Mathew.

" Yes they did a good job also in handling another situation as well. " I tell her and she nods as always closer than anyone else would dare try. She hands me some paper and I see her knuckles are scared.

" Michele you train teens. How in the world are your hands scared? " I ask as I bring her hand up for closer inspection.

" And why hasn't it healed yet? " I ask not giving her a chance to answer the first question.

" She punched Hel in the face not knowing you also put a protection spell on her while she's human. " Nina states walking up with her sister.

" You should have seen Hel's face though like Michele knocked her the fuck out. One hit gone. You trained her well. " Talia laughs and I look and Michele whose basically pouting.

" Jesus Michele. Why? " I ask and she shrugs and looks away.

" Michele you aren't a misfit teen. You're my beta. A grown woman. Answer me. "

" She did it to make sure I didn't hurt you again. " Hel states walking up with a smug look on her face.

" Really ? Michele go to the infirmary with Nina to get you hand fixed. And I do not want to here about this nonsense anymore. " I state sternly and Michele pouts some more before leaving with Nina. I shake my head and look to Hel.

" Are you alright? " She shrugs then tilts her head.

" I'm suppose to be cleaning the leaves off the ground but they keep falling." She says and I finally notice the take in her hand and the scatter of leaves piled around the yard.

" It's hard the wind keeps blowing and they won't stay in a pile. So I gave up. " She sounds like a irritated teen and I can't help but to laugh.

" Where's Mira she's suppose to help you do this. "

" Don't know who that is but I've been out here since this morning struggling. I mean why pick it up when the leaves keep falling? Why not wait till they all fall then pick it up? " I laugh at her questions and take the rake from her.

" Have you eaten? "

" Nope and I'm starving. Michele said I couldn't eat till I got done. " I nod those are the rules not eating till your chores are done.