SEQUEL Sneak Peek

"Go James. Nice and easy. Just lean on Platform Nine and you won't realize you're there." Harry comforted his youngest son James, who still looked nervous.

"Dad..." But he was cut off by someone pushing him into the barrier. Albus.

"Don't do that, Albus!" James hollered. Albus merely shrugged. "None of your business, James."

Harry shushed the two bickering brothers. "Lily should be coming with your mum any second now."

As if on cue, two brown-haired women burst from the barrier, one of them carrying a trunk and a cage. The other one was holding her handbag.

"Lily, ready for your third year?" Hermione asked, leaning forward on Lily's pushcart. She nodded and took her owl cage while Harry carried her trunk to the Hogwarts Express.

"You'll owl me, Dad?" James asked worriedly.

"Of course. We'll use Hedwig." James's owl's name was Hedwig because he wanted a reminder of his father's snowy white owl. This owl was a tawny one, but James didn't seem to care about it.

Then two figures burst through the barrier. It was Ron and Rose.

"Welcome to the Platform Nine and Three-Quarters. That's the Hogwarts Express," Ron pointed to the scarlet engine to his daughter who was convincing Lily that Nargles are real. The two were so deep in the argument that they hadn't noticed the people that started to gather around them.

Once one of the people in the station noticed the family, he cried out "IT'S THE POTTERS!" and suddenly all of the people crowded around them.

Harry shook his head and shooed them aside with some force. "It's the curse of being famous," he told James as he got on the train.

His son laughed at this comment and hugged his dad one more time before finding an empty compartment. "Hey, Rose. How are you?"

"Fine, I guess." She was gloomy and something told James that she was not fine. James raised his eyebrows at her, and she finally caved in.

"Okay, I'm not fine. Mum's sick." James nodded and rubbed her back in circles to comfort her. "She'll be alright. My Mum got wounded severely by Ginny, also known as Rita Skeeter II. In Al's fourth year."

Rose cheered up a bit. "I guess she'll be alright. How about you? How's life being famous?" She teased.

"Oh, you're pressured to sign autographs, so it's not okay. I just hope Dad can Transfigure me to look like someone else."

She shook her head violently. "Be who you are, James. I may believe in mythical creatures, but that doesn't mean I'm not the same girl you used to know." She hugged James and they continued to talk about random things.

Harry, Ron and Hermione were standing outside of the train, when Ron piped up. "I'll miss those days we rode that scarlet train."

Harry and Hermione nodded vigorously while shedding crocodile tears. "Stop doing that," Ron laughed as the two began to cry hysterically.

They waved at their children one more time before the train turned and disappeared.