After the Storm

Harmony's POV

I had blood, skin, and hair on my hands, I don't care at this point but it smelled like absolute shit. I was walking towards my room, trying to stay out of town while I cool off. "Harmony! Jesus wait a minute." I look back and see River, he comes up next to me and looks at my covered hand. "Let's get you washed up, I have a place a like to go when I want to be alone."

We are walking through the forest until I see a clearing, with rocks stacked up and a river flowing through the clearing, it was bright blue, it was beautiful. It was perfect... too perfect.

  After I wash off my hands we sit down and look at each other, I close my eyes and I breath in the air, it was fresh and slightly familiar. It's probably just me missing being outside. All of a sudden river looks at me strangely, "Are you wearing a new perfume?" I blink a couple times, I wasn't expecting that. "No I'm using the one Casey got me my first day here." I said with a giggle.

   River stands up, something is obviously wrong. It's too quiet, there's nothing moving in the forest, which is strange cause it's a damn forest. I follow his lead of standing up as soon as I realize we're not alone. "No not again..." I hear River whisper under his breath. That's when I see it.

   I shift cautiously. It's a brownish coppery colored wolf with almost black eyes, it's not a rouge because they have red eyes. I think I know him... no it can't be. I can't get my hopes up just to get them crushed again.

I stand up straight as I hear him in my head, "Harmony?" I hear River growling as I'm walking towards him on all fours with a wolfy grin on my face. It's my best friend Jeffrey! He leaps forward onto me as we start playing but River must of thought he had attacked me. He had Jeffrey by the throat in a heartbeat. Before he snaps his neck I tell him,"River! Stop. Everyone shift now."

   After everyone come out from behind their trees I see the infamous strawberry blonde hair. I can't help but smile I was so happy. He was my best friend before the pack was attacked, we were basically inseparable. I went in for a hug and Jeffrey basically enclosed me in his arms. "I missed you so much! What happened? I thought I was the only one that made it out!" He basically yelled in my face. "I missed you too, it's a long story for another time, and I thought I was the only one too!" We hugged again.

   I remember laughing in the same fields the burned to the ground, I remember playing hide and seek in the cafeteria, I remember pretending we were train conductors in the tree line that I had gone blind in. The calm before the storm. And now it feels like the rainbow! I'm so happy I start crying

"Who the hell are you?"