Pranks & Wars...

Though Arnav was more than comfortable in his bed, he was not able to sleep. After having changed his position continuously for a few times he finally decides to watch some TV and switches on the one in his room.

A few minutes later he hears a soft snoring. Following the source of the sound he finds Trisha sleeping peacefully on the couch.
What irritates him the most is the smile on her face.
Here he was, miserable and awake while she kept snoring away, like everything was right with the world.

He scowls at her.

Arnav's frown suddenly turns into an evil smirk. Going back to his TV, he increases the volume to it's maximum capacity.

It has the desired effect as a few minutes later Trisha resembles a killer about to murder someone, as she stands in front of the culprit who ruined her slumber.

"Can you please move aside? You are blocking the view."

"In a few seconds there won't be anything left for you to watch."
Trisha murmurs in a dead serious voice.

"Why? Are you going to switch off the TV? Is that the best you can do?"
He challenges her, rather bravely.

"I was thinking more along the lines of snatching out your eyes."
She snaps back.

It's not what she says but the way she says it that gets to him. Arnav is sure she means business and so, switches off the TV without a protest.

"I hope you are able to sleep with the knowledge that you ruined a guy's game night." He tells her before going back to the bed.

"Oh I will. Don't you worry."
Trisha snaps back.

"Why would I? It's not like we are married or anything."

She just grunts and he notes, with some satisfaction, that she has trouble adjusting herself on the couch this time.

He is finally able to sleep.

Arnav wakes up to the aroma of fresh pan-cakes the next morning. Pleasantly surprised he makes his way towards the kitchen and spots Trisha cooking in it.

Turning around she wishes him a good day and he is surprised that she forgot about what happened last night. Just yesterday she was about to take his eyes out and now here she is, making his favorite breakfast.
Maybe she wasn't that bad after all.

After freshening up he sits in the dining room and she puts a plate in front of him. His mouth watering at the sight, he hurries through his prayers and starts stuffing his face.

He then realises that she definitely did not forget anything.

As the salty taste builds up in his mouth he can't help but spit out the bites he had taken earlier and glare at the woman in front of him.
The one who had dared to contaminate the holy taste of pancakes.

"What's with you?! Why are you trying to ruin my life?!"
He shouts at her.

"Don't be so melodramatic. It's not like I married you or anything."
She smirks.

Fuming now he just gives her one last dirty look and marches out of the apartment.

It's around eight in the night when Arnav enters the building. After working the entire day he, had visited a local bar and, got himself wasted.

"Salaam uncle ji!"
He said saluting the watchman while trying to regain his balance.

"Arnav sir!"
The watchman exclaimed as he got out of his cabin and helped him stand properly.

"Uncle ji, I am okay!"
He pushed the old man away from himself.

"But sir you are drunk."
The watchman remarked, a little worried.

"No, uncle... I am perfectly fine!"
Arnav slurred as he drank from the bottle of liquor in his hand.

"Should I call Trisha madam?"
The watchman asked.

"Who is Trisha?"

"Your wife sir"
The watchman replied.

"NOOO! SHE IS NOT MY WIFE!!!"
He yelled angrily making his way towards the steps.

The watchman followed him.

"TRISHAA MADAM!! TRISHA MADAM!!" He shouted climbing the stairs with some difficulty and reached the first floor.

The neighbours opened their doors hearing Arnav's voice and so did Trisha.

"Oh look who is here! My beloved wife!" He clapped his hands while she stood on the doorway, shocked and surprised.

"You see this is my wife, Trisha Raichand!"
He announced gripping her hand.

"Arnav...stop all this and get inside. Now!"
Trisha gritted out in a low voice.

"Shhh... Everyone go back to your house. Even I will go inside."
He whispered and lost his balance. Sitting on the floor, he started giggling.

"Mrs. Raichand! Please get your husband inside. We have kids here and we definitely don't want them to watch something like this."
One of the neighbours said with disgust.

"Yes and it's past midnight. We have our work tomorrow..."

Trisha wanted to scream and tell them that this man was anything but her husband. She wanted to leave him outside to rot in the cold so he would think twice before drinking and causing a scene, but she just sighed and helped Arnav stand. It was a difficult task since he was drunk and heavy but the watchman was kind enough to help, so she was able to get him inside without much problem. She thanked the old man and apologised to the neighbours. Closing the door behind her back, she glared at her so called husband.

"What the hell was that Mr Raichand? What the fuck do you think of yourself? What the hell are you trying to prove?"
Trisha screamed furiously.

"Oh God, just shut up! I don't want to listen to your damn lectures!
You are nothing to me you understand? Nothing!"
Arnav yelled back as he sat down on the couch with a thump.

"For your kind information I don't care about you either! You may drink or do whatever the hell you want but if people come knocking at the door complaining to me, then I won't tolerate your shit!"
Trisha was fuming now.

"Just back off Daddy's little princess! No one told you to entertain the neighbours."
Arnav mocked.

"First of all; don't bring my dad in the middle of our fight otherwise I won't hesitate to drag your entire khandaan(family) in this!
And secondly, your name is joined with mine now. So, even if I want I to, I can't tell people to not come to me. Because after all, you are my 'husband'!
For the world anyway..."
She said air quoting the husband part as she stormed towards their bedroom.

"God! Why the hell did I agree to marry her?"
Arnav yelled and threw the vase, nearby, to ease his anger.

"And one more thing! You are sleeping in the living room today!"
Trisha yelled, as Arnav let out a frustrated growl.