A Not So Perfect Flight

"Whoa!" Hiccup glanced down at the sea below him, "Easy big guy." The Woolly Howl fast and hard. It held Hiccups arm in its mouth; so if it went to shoot it would have to drop him. Suddenly the dragon took a very sharp left; causing Hiccup to jerk to the right. He winced at the pain in his arm as the dragon bit down hard. Hiccup was thankful for his leather outfit; it seemed like the dragons sharp teeth couldn't cut through. "W-Where are you taking me?" Hiccup asked the dragon.

It just flew on; snorting cold air out of its nose. Hiccup noted its small, purple eyes. They looked determined and serious. He didn't like the look of the large tusks that protruded from the front of the lower lip of the dragon. The dragon's powerful wings flapped hard. The dragon flew down to the sea stacks.; slowing down a bit. The Woolly Howl went to turn a corner; but its bulky body didn't keep up and it smacked into a sea stack; not once but twice!

"Not that maneuverable are you?" Hiccup chuckled. The dragon gave a slight growl; not taking kindly to the joking insult.

They continued flying for hours. And soon the sun had set. The Woolly Howl growled as it looked around; feeling exposed in the darkness. Then Hiccup heard the dragons labored breaths; it was exhausted and needed to land for the night. The Woolly Howl flew up a bit higher then roughly dropped Hiccup on the top of a sea stack. "Ow," Hiccup rubbed his back, "Not the gentle type?"

The Woolly Howl landed as far from Hiccup as it could. It stared at him; not sure on what he was going to do. "Uh," Hiccup shivered against the cold wind, "I don't suppose you could make a fire?"

The Woolly Howl opened its mouth and showed Hiccup its attack. The dragon shot hail up into the air instead of fire. "Right," Hiccup sighed. He sat there wondering why he was there. What he did know was that sleeping was going to be hard if the dragon kept staring at him all night. Hiccup looked at the Woolly Howl; he knew that it was a Strike Class dragon, lived in the mountains, and had a shot limit of six. Hiccup had yet to study one up close since Woolly Howls were rarely seen. "Well..." Hiccup tried to think of something to say to break the silence, "My name is Hiccup."

The Woolly Howl crooned loudly at him; as if it was giving its name. Hiccup sighed; he wouldn't get anywhere if he didn't understand the dragon. He slowly held out his hand. The dragon growled. "No, no," Hiccup smiled, "It's okay. I just want to be your friend."

The pupils of the Woolly Howls small eyes widened a bit as it looked at Hiccups hand. The dragon thought for a moment. Then the Woolly Howl leaned closer a few inches from his hand. But then the dragon backed off and flew away to another sea stack; leaving Hiccup alone and cold.

O

Early the next morning Luna flew to Berk with bouncing baby Night Furies in her large basket. The babies wouldn't settle down; making Tracker fly off balanced. 'Ugh,' she groaned, 'And this is why I'll never be a mother...'

"Oh come Tracker you don't know that!" Luna chuckled. She had heard from Astrid how Hiccup was overworking himself to distract himself about the fact that Toothless was gone. So she thought that it would be a good idea to bring the babies to meet him.

'Sissi!' one of the males, Plasma, winded, 'When will we get there!?'

"We'll be there shortly," Luna said for the fifth time.

'I wanna meet Uncle Hicci now!' winded Toothy, a male.

"You'll all get to see him," Luna sighed, 'But winding isn't going to get us there sooner."

'Papa said that Uncle Hicci killed a very bad dragon,' River, a female, stood up and sniffed the air. Then she turned and looked at Luna.

"Yes, he did," Luna shook her head, "That dragon was very very bad. She forced dragons to give her food, then ate any that didn't give enough."

'That sounds like a meanie dragon!' Stoick, male, growled, 'If she ever comes back I'll bite her right int he butt!'

'No you silly!' Thora pushed Stoick aside, 'She's dead! She won't come back!'

"You know, I heard that the spirit of that nasty dragon still roams the lands," Luna joked, "Looking for any Night Fury to take her revenge on. If you're not careful...she come for you...I also heard that she can smell Night Furies too..."

The six babies settled down and huddled together. 'Don't joke like that Sissi!' Jewels, female, glared at her.

'Your joking right?' Stoick asked.

"Of course I'm...not!" Luna laughed, "Na, I'm kidding."

The babies glared at her; not liking the joke. "Oh come on guys," Luna smiled, "Can't you take a joke?"

'We're here guys,' Tracker announced. The mood lifted and the babies jumped up.

They landed and Luna slid off of her dragon. "Stay here, guys," she told the babies, "I'll go find Hiccup."

She left and searched for Hiccup. When she didn't find him she went to a villager. Um, excuse me," she asked, "Where's Hiccup?"

"He's gone," the villager told her.

"Gone? Gone where?" Luna asked.

"A dragon came out of nowhere," he explained, "It was freaking out. When Hiccup tried to train it the dragon suddenly took off with him. The Riders flew after it. That was yesterday."

"Oh," Luna was shocked, "What dragon was it?"

"Uh...I think it was a Woolly...something," the villager wasn't sure.

"A Woolly Howl?" Lunaknew something was off. Those dragons live very far from Berk. For one to come here there was something very bad happening. "Okay, thank you," Luna turned and ran back to Tracker.

'Where is Uncle Hicci?' Thora asked.

"He's in a bit of a situation," Luna explained as she climbed back on, "We need to get home and help him." They took off back home.