"What's the meaning of this!" she spat with incredulity, anger welling inside.

She looked at her sisters some meters away. How come... they wanted her dead? Why?

How could she have not felt their killing intents? Even when they thrust their daggers into her, she didn't feel any negative emotions from them! Had she not been on the receiving end and clearly saw them, she wouldn't believe them involved!

She wasn't that inebriated right?

She drank too much wine this night. They had talked so much, it was almost dawn. Seyran had gotten up to return to her quarters but she hadn't even taken a step when the first weapon was thrust into her.

"Answer me" she yelled at them but they stayed silent, their faces calm and expressionless.

So calm. Seyran was the one who taught them how to always control their emotions but seeing them this expressionless even face with her bleeding form broke something in Seyran. Even if they were gloating to have been able to kill that great person of Unzu, would have been far better than to have them this unperturbed. With them like this, did it mean that in their eyes she was never someone important? Just some grass in their shoes that didn't even deserved a snicker?

Her blood boiled and for the first time since long, Seyran was losing her self-control.

She laughed at her own absurdity. Wasn't she the one who taught them to never value anything or anyone? So what if they didn't value her, wasn't it her own teachings?

The more she laughed, the faster her blood drained out of her wounds.

She would die. That certainty she knew.

She would die at the hands of the people she loved the most. That she cherished and protected most. She laughed harder. What kind of absurdity was it?

Those enemies of hers, if they knew how easy it had been to kill her, wouldn't they turn around in their coffins?

Her vision blurred. She couldn't see them anymore but she could still feel their serenity. And worst of all, she still couldn't even feel any maliciousness coming from them.

Why? She asked or at least she thought she did but silence answered her back.

Silent tears were now running down her cheeks while her laughs grew louder.

What hadn't she given them? What could they have possibly wanted?

She never denied them anything.

Was it her position as queen? She would have relinquished it the second the demand was formulated! Even going as far as protecting them in the shadow to assure their safety.

Was it this palace? She never needed it, as long as they were willing to meet with her at least one time a week that was okay.

They could have had anything. They just had to ask.

What was it? She wondered.

"Dear sisters, what great cause was it that demanded my death? Ah!"

Seyran finally fell lifelessly on the once yellow carpet, now red with her blood.

The three sisters came closer. The youngest one, Seith, closed the still opened eyes of her elder, shedding some tears herself.

Kayran put her arm on Seith's shoulders, shaking her head.

"We can't ask for forgiveness. That's impossible to forgive".

Seith nodded and wiped her tears.

Zoria crouched and pull out one dagger. "Let us finish then," she said her eyes red, but unwilling to shed any tear. They were monsters, she told herself to harden her heart. Monsters don't cry.

The others two pull out the daggers that they had thrust in their elder too.

Kayran arranged Seyran's position as if she was sleeping on her back, her hands intertwined on her abdomen.

The three of them, in perfect synchronization, slashed their left wrists with their daggers. They brought their bleeding arms above Seyran's abdomen, and let their blood flowed on her for some minutes. Next, Seith placed her dagger inside Seyran's palms while Kayran and Zoria placed theirs respectively next to her head and next to her feet.

The three sisters recited some verses and their sister's body started to burn. Those flames were blue and were limited only to Seyran's body and the daggers. And when the corpse burned to ashes and the golden daggers melted, the triplets finally opened their eyes, and let some tears fall.

Seith collapsed on the floor, finally letting go of her emotions.

Their beloved sister. How cruel they had been!