Chapter 8 Part I - Dylan

She's on a stakeout since yesterday after school. Nagmamadaling pumunta siya sa kanyang motorbike at agad iyong pinaandar. When she received the call, it was just supposed to give her the intel.
"Dylan! I'm telling you this because you asked, but 'wag kang magkakamaling kumilos on your own! I'm warning you!" natatarantang saad ni Sirena sa kabilang linya.
"Come on, Sirena. Just give me this."
"Because Raffy's life is at stake?"
Hindi sumagot si Dylan.

Of course, this is Raffy. The only son and heir of Hades of the large del Pierro Group of Companies. Today is his national tournament. Days before his game, a guard on duty in his dad's company building was on his routinary check when he saw a crumpled sheet in the parking lot. Kinuha nito iyon at nagulat ito nang mabasa ang mga malalaking pulang letra. It was a death threat against Raffy. It could be a joke, but nobody would want to take things lightly especially if it involves the only son of Hades.
Since it involved Raffy, intels came here and there, and she's lucky because she got wind in it. Thanks to Sirena and her slipped tongue. And now, the perpetrators were on their way to the stadium where Raffy's game was held. Namataan daw ang mga ito sa isang kalye malapit lang sa unibersidad nila.

Again, she sped up her motorbike. She's not hoping for the best, pero alam niyang may plano na sila Sirena. She just wanted to make things sure, and of course it's for Raffy's safety. Hindi rin naman siya tanga na bigla-biglaan nalang aatake na walang plano. She would never compromise their plans. Besides, she's an irregular agent, thanks to her father. Napasimangot siya sa naalala. She was never allowed to participate to any big mission. Kahit pa dito sa kay Raffy, her father had already warned her.
She was already on the streets. Tumigil siya nang makita ang red light. She looked sideways, it was just an instinct that she used to do every now and then. TInitingnan niya ang bawat anggulo, hoping to see something out of ordinary. Then she saw two black motorbikes passing across her. The drivers were both wearing helmets, and one of them was pointing a gun at her, marami ang napasigaw sa nakita. She froze. If she move recklessly, madadamay ang mga pasaherong sakay ng kotse na nasa gilid niya! Then, she heard a loud gunshot coming from the other side of the street, the one who aimed at her was shot but the other one was also holding a gun and aimed at her. He shoot her, and at that moment she jumped from her motorbike but it was too late. The bullet hit her left arm. Blood gushed through her arm, she was not afraid but she felt so weak. Then she passed out. She then heard a loud, tingling scream.

Napaigtad si Dylan sa narinig. She looked around her. She saw Jackie beside her, reading. Tila bumalik sa normal ang lahat. Biglang naging maingay ang paligid niya. Nakatulog pala siya sa classroom. She blinked many times. That dream again.
She was with Sirena last night watching and observing the security camera from the del Pierro's residence down to their streets kaya wala siyang masyadong tulog. She was told to wait for Zandra's arrival. She was especially requested by Zandra's family to keep watch of her until the threats die down. Since it was of general knowledge na magiging fiancee ito ni Raffy, the possibility of her being targeted is also considered. That's one thing she at least would want to understand from the minds of the rich and famous.

She looked behind her, she saw Raffy staring blankly at her. Iniwas agad niya ang tingin mula dito baka kainin na siya nito ng buhay. She still couldn't figure out why Raffy suddenly showed up inside the HQ days ago. It was the last thing he'd do. He hates being at the spotlight. He hates the glimmer inside the business world, but then he showed up at HQ. Why?