Prologue

This story starts in 17th century Romania...

The king looked out to his kingdom, his pregnant wife was in the middle of giving birth. He sighs, he was hoping for a son to carry out the family name, not that it matters anyway, seeing how his family were vampires, in fact, all of the inhabitants of the small kingdom were all vampires.

The neighboring kingdom to the right were all humans. The king of that kingdom knew that his neighboring kingdom was all vampires. So the two kings came up with a deal, the vampire king told the human king that his subjects wouldn't attack the human kingdom if they gave the vampires, blood. The human king agrees but he sends over criminals for the vampires to consume.

Being a creature like a vampire was hard because sometimes they couldn't get blood and had to get blood from animals, which taste horrible if you asked the king. Maybe life would be better if he was a werewolf... no, not a werewolf, anything but a werewolf. He doesn't really understand why there is a war between the two creatures of the night but one thing he knows is that it been going on for centuries.

While the king was lost in thought, his advisor walked up to him "M'lord."

The king turned to the slightly older advisor. "Yes Thanatos, what is it?"

"Your child is born, sir."

"What gender is the child?"

"Female sir."

"Name?"

"Not yet sir. Selene wants you to see the child before naming her."

"I see."

As the two walked to the birthing room, Thanatos said "King Apollyon, sir."

"What is it Thanatos?" Apollyon answered.

"You are taking having a daughter rather well."

"Why do you say that?" Apollyon asked.

"Months before the birth, you've been saying how you will have a son and will not accept a daughter as your first born."

Apollyon looked at his best friend. "That was before, there is nothing that I can do about it."

"I'm glad that you have changed your mind." Thanatos smiled. "Anyways here we are. In you go, sir." He opened the door.

"Thanatos, how long have we been friends?"

"Over a century sir."

"And when I appointed you as my advisor, you started calling me, sir. Why is that?"

"Well you are the king and I respect you as so. Also, the former king told me to call you sir."

"Well as king, I order you to start calling me by my name instead of 'sir'. You can still call me 'sir' but not as much. Ok."

"Ok, si...er... Apollyon."

"Better." The two walked in to see Apollyon's wife, Selene holding a pink blanket.

The queen looked at the king tiredly "Do you want to hold her?"

"Sure." The king walked over, the queen handed him the blanket. "What's her name?"

"I was hoping you'll name her?"

"Her name will be..." He thought for a minute. "Her name will be Maya Moon."

"Maya Moon. I love it." The queen, Selene said tiredly.

"Welcome to the world Maya Moon Vatore."

As time flew by, the little princess grew. The king taught his daughter to hate werewolves. Pretty soon a decade went by.