Chapter One

Annie's Point of View:

I fell to the floor, hard.

"Stop!" I screamed. My heartbeat quickened.

"I'm not your freaking personal maid, I'm your daughter!"

Dad's face was red. "I REGRET having a child.." He came closer to me. "You are a
WORTHLESS piece of ****."

Dad put his hand into a fist. He punched me straight in the face, leaving a painful purple mark on the side of my cheek.

I screamed while tears streamed down my face.

**************************

Dad left. I got up and started wiping my tears. Broken vases and picture frames laid on the hallway floor. My heart was still beating quicker than ever.

Dad's POV:

I grabbed my keys and stormed out the door. My rusty red truck was in the driveway. I got in the truck, started the engine and backed out onto the road.

I sped and passed other cars. I knew where I was going. The bar.

****************************

Women crowded around me. I smoked a cigarette and got drunk really fast. This one girl walked past me.

Her black hair fell to her shoulders. She wore a blue lace dress, black heels, and a gold necklace. Her eyes were green and her smile was beautiful.

Annie's POV:

My clothing was already packed since dad couldn't afford to actually get me a closet. I grabbed my hair brush, toothbrush, toothpaste and floss from the washroom and threw it in my bag. I quickly barge into dads room and start looking for money.

I checked his dresser and closet. There wasn't a single dollar in sight. I finally turn to his bed and start checking under the pillows.

"JACKPOT!"

A 100 dollar bill was laying in my hands. I put it in my pocket and walked back to the washroom. I grab my backpack and slide it over my shoulder. Tears were falling down my cheeks. I put my brown hair into a high pony tail and started heading to the door.

Suddenly, I heard the door unlock. Dad walked towards me. He had taken a girl home. Dad pushed me into the wall, passed me and went straight to his room. I stormed out of the house angrily. I had no idea where I was going to go, I just knew I had to get away from my father.

**********************

I was sitting on a park bench, trying not to think about my father. My stomach rumbled. I decided to go eat somewhere. Mcdonalds was the closest to me, so I started heading over to the cafe. The heat was burning my skin while I walked. I got into McDonald's and went over to the cashier.

"Can I get a Junior Chicken with a Medium Strawberry Banana Smoothie please?"

"That'll be $5.75 please." The young female cashier said. I gave her the 100 bill and she gave me a bunch of change.

I sat down by the window and began eating my small junior chicken. I never really had a big appetite.

*A few minutes later.*

I was on the same park bench again. I threw my feet up on the bench and laid my head down on the arm rest. My eyes close and I began to sleep...