Part III

"Look our family. We aren't normal. There's something I tried to protect you from. Sis was dragged into it early. So I didn't want you to deal with the same burden. We could've saved you from it. I should've known it would've caught up eventually, it just waited until I was most vulnerable. I didn't expect it." He said. I could feel the anger in him rising.

"Bro, what's this all about?" I asked blankly.

"That thing you saw. I know him. He killed our parents" he spoke softly.

"No. It was a drunk driver" I argued "You told me"

"You were too young to know the truth. It was an assassination attempt. 3 targets. Mom. Dad. Our sister. The only reason you weren't a target was because you didn't have the blood."

"The blood?"

"The blood of the warrior. Now you have it. Making you a warrior. Guess you are just a late bloomer"

A doctor walked in.

"Visiting hours are over. You may be his guardian but this is a mental case. He will be sent to Oakview institution tomorrow morning. You may visit him before 10 am." He told my brother. I watched fear go across my brothers face. The first time I've ever seen that emotion. My brother and my doctor walk out of the room. It wasn't long before the room became cold. The lights shut off. I was lost in my head. What did he mean? Assassination? Warrior blood? This makes no sense. What did I see? Rather, who did I see? Where's our sister? I stayed in this method of madness until sleep found me.

My eyes opened. I was in the old grey suburban my parents drove. It had to be a dream. I was beside my sister. She was a year younger than me. I was 3 at the time. Yet in the dream I was who I am now. I heard my mother's voice

"We are almost home you two. Then off to bed you go" she spoke. Such a calming voice. My brothers has a very similar voice. So calming. Then a flash. I was outside of the car. A couple hundred feet away. There was someone beside me. He was wearing black pants and a black hoodie. I couldn't see his face since it was night time. His hands fell at his side. I heard him take in a deep breath. His hands snapped into a fist. I heard a loud cracking sound. I looked down. When he clenched his fists. The ground cracked. What is this guy. His right hand snapped outwards. Towards our car on the road. Even I felt it. It was like a wave. Rushing towards the car. I realized what was happening.

"NO!" I screamed as I lunged my body at him in an attempt to tackle him. I went through him? I turned my head to see our car flip sidways. It spun and spun until it landed on the wheels. I could see flames rising.

"Nice try. I'll see you later" the man said. Then in a flash of light he was gone. He didn't leave. I was waking up. I woke up with a figure standing over me. Seemed to be holding a flashlight directly into my face. Then all I felt was a hand covering my mouth.