eleven

questions

Alexa was at Betty's locker during lunch and the two girls were discussing what happened between her and Veronica. Betty was still uneasy and sad about the situation but knew how to somehow hide it. Her feelings for Archie still remained and she didn't know how to diminish them even after talking with him recently.

"So you forgave her?" Alexa asked. She never said a word to Veronica after the party and didn't want to. But if Betty forgave Veronica, Alexa would have to be understanding.

Betty shrugged, closing her eyes for a moment. Alexa could tell all of this was stressing her out, and she placed her hand on Betty's shoulder to reassure her that everything would be okay.

"Next week she won't even remember my name. I just want to get this over with." Betty sighed.

Alexa linked arms with her as Betty closed her locker. Smiling at her brightly and trying to lighten the mood, Alexa led her towards the cafeteria to get some lunch.

"If you want, I can fight her?" Alexa joked, hoping for a smile to appear on her friend's face. And after a moment there was a small smile, then laughter erupted from the both of them. Betty shook her head, knowing for sure Alexa would never fight someone.

"You would not fight anybody, you're too nice." Betty chuckled, laughing at the idea.

"Hey!" Alexa laughed defensively. "I would fight someone, if that someone hurt my best friend." And she was very serious.

Betty smiled at Alexa, appreciating her for being there for her at times like these. No girl or boy could ever come between them, they always had each others backs through the good times and bad times. They were best friends since they were kids, they were B and A and no one could change that.

"So, you're really serious about going on a date with Reggie?" Betty mentioned as they were getting food.

Alexa smiled placing a water bottle on her tray and getting out of the line.

"Yeah." Alexa announced. "If things go okay, and he's not a total asshole then maybe I'll go on another date with him I don't know." She suggested shrugging.

Betty raised her brows. "So you like him?"

Alexa was still very confused with her feelings about her next door neighbor. You can't really grow feelings for a person you've never been close with. But Alexa was willing to try to see who Reggie truly was and truly see what his intentions were. She couldn't deny that his flirting made her blush and feel butterflies in her stomach. She couldn't deny the feeling she got when he called her beautiful. She couldn't deny the way she got so nervous just by his presence. No boy had ever made her felt that way. And although their differences she wanted to see what would happen between them.

They began walking out of the cafeteria, and suddenly run into Kevin and Veronica. Alexa looked at Betty but waved at the other two after, only feeling awkward for a moment at the sight of Veronica.

"I don't know."

Kevin and Veronica walked up to them, both with lunches of their own. The four of them walked together without really saying a word. It was a comfortable silence, and Alexa tried reminding herself multiple times that Betty forgave Veronica so she wouldn't hold a grudge.