5. try not taking the hardest classes

Start from the beginning

"my moms book club usually has more wine." lydia said.

"well, they also probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations." stiles said.

"that's why malias here." scott said as malia gave him a small smile.

"so none of us go running into traffic?" kira said as scott nodded.

"or worse." skylar said.

"like what happened to judy. chapter 14." malia said.

"maybe i should have my mother read it. she might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone." lydia said.

"yeah, if it works." stiles said.

"it has to." skylar said.

"what does that mean?" scott asked her.

"i'm pretty sure i saw them... during my surgery. when i look at the cover of the book... it's almost like..." skylar began saying.

"a memory trying to surface." theo said.

"pretty much." skylar said looking up at him.

"isn't that what valack wanted when he wrote it?" kira asked.

"if they actually did something to me, i wanna know what exactly it is they did." skylar said grabbing a book and sitting down.

everyone followed her lead and grabbed a copy of the book and they sat down.

"anyone feeling anything yet?" scott asked after a few minutes.

"tired." kira said.

"hungry." lydia said.

"bored." skylar said.

"i think he meant the book." theo said.

kira was tired of reading so she put the book down and rested her head and closed her eyes.

"you're not giving up, are you?" scott asked her.

"i'm just resting my eyes." kira replied as she shut off the lamp behind her.

skylar and lydia were eventually asleep and so was stiles, malia and scott. theo was the only one that was still awake with a sleeping skylar on his shoulder. kira had went upstairs to sleep on scotts bed after a while.

-

"what if we need some kind of trigger? wasn't malia driving when she remembered the crash?" scott asked.

"yeah, but how are we supposed to trigger a memory that we don't remember?" stiles asked as they walked down the hall.

"maybe it's a delayed thing. maybe you have to wait a couple of hours to see what happens." scott said as the lights started flicking.

skylar, scott and stiles all turned to look at kira.

"that wasn't me. i swear." kira said.