"Thank you,"I said.

"I just pray that this time he's the one for you, you're not getting any younger and I know a family is something you've always wanted, be careful and watch all the signs good and bad,"she said.

"Yes ma'am,"I said.

"Now I brought you some groceries, I thought maybe we could have some dinner together,"she said walking into the kitchen.

Me: I'm so sorry babe, I'll call you back. 😘

Trey: It's cool but what's going on?

Me: My mom came to visit and I panicked.

Trey: Oh cool, tell Ms. E I miss her. She don't know about us yet huh?

Me: I haven't gotten around to telling her.

Trey: You should tell her babe I think she'll understand

Me: Ttyl

Trey: 😘

"So I brought steak and potatoes and some green salad and you know some other stuff,"she said looking in my refrigerator,"You don't get around to much shopping do you? "

I rolled my eyes.

"Great mommy,"I said,"Um where's daddy?"

"He's actually hosting a meeting in the church, we're doing a fundraiser,"she explained,"You should donate sweetie, great cause."

"Yes ma'am,"I agreed,"I'll look into it."

"Toni!"I heard someone yell. Shit David's back!

"What in tarnation?"My mama froze.

I immediately ran to the door to stop him from going into the kitchen. He was standing there waiting for me with a smile plastered on his face.

"David what the hell?!"I whispered.

"Look I have great news,"he smiled,"Wait why are you whispering?"

"Look you have to go, my mother is here and she doesn't know anything about you living with me,"I explained.

"Well just tell her,"he responded,

"It's not that simple, I don't want her judging you,"I said.

"Toni! That is not the kind of person I am young man, how you doing I'm Evelyn Toni's mother,"my mama said reaching her hand out,"We were just talking about you."

"Talking?"he asked shaking her hand,"I'm David by the way."

"You must be Babe?"she smiled at the both of us.

"No no no no no, mommy you have it all wrong, David is not my boyfriend,"I said.

"What is it with you young people and titles, if I were you I'd be very upset if my girlfriend didn't claim me,"she responded.