Chapter Five: Knocking and An Attic

Chapter Five.

I woke up to the smell of bacon and blueberry pancakes. "Emma! Get up!" I yelled poking her in the cheek.

"5 more minutes." she groaned and rolled over, pulling the covers over her head.

"Fine. I guess you don't care that One Direction is downstairs making us breakfast." I said getting out of bed. She sat up really fast and smiled.

"I wasn't dreaming. You really are living with One Direction?" She asked and I nodded. We both slipped on my slippers. She took the red ones and I picked the purple ones. We walked downstairs and heard Harry whistling.

"Morning Ladies." he said. turning around and screaming. "Your hair looks like it's eating you guys!" We both squeaked and ran to the bathroom.

"I forgot. We have really bad bed hair." Emma said. I pulled out my phone and we both took a picture and I saved it as my wallpaper.

It took us 10 minutes to tame our hair and we walked back downstairs. "Much better." Harry said. I stuck my tongue out at him as Emma and I loaded our plates with bacon and pancakes, then proceeding to drown them in syrup.

"Morning news time?" I asked Emma and she nodded. We walked over to the living room and I turned on the TV. Flipping through channels, I finally found the news.

"Local Orphanage owner, Ms. Caroline Oafer, is being sued for unjust actions to the children by recent adoption parent, Simon Cowell. A week ago, Amelia Taylor, age 17, returned to the orphanage. This Friday, she was adopted by Mr. Cowell. We don't know her whereabouts currently, but we can confirm she is staying with the British boy-band, One Direction. She was seen leaving the orphanage with her arms wrapped around Liam Payne. Her face, as you can see in the picture, is bruised and she has a black eye. What happened at the orphanage? Is Amelia Liam's secret girlfriend? What happened with Danielle? The court date is for next Thursday and we will show it live."

"In other News," The news lady continued and that's when Harry turned the TV off.

"Well, Danielle won't be happy about this." Harry said.

"Shit!" I said and ran up to Liam's room. I heard him talking through the door.

"Danielle! We aren't dating! She was abused! I was comforting her! You know that I love you and only you." My heart hurt when he said that and I pushed the feelings away and swallowed. "fine. You can meet her tomorrow. I love you Dani. Bye." he said and I was frozen.

I heard the door knob turn and I ran to my room. I couldn't breathe. I had to meet Danielle Peazer and lie to her about how I don't have feelings for Liam. I growled and punched my pillow. This officially sucked. I sat on my bed and grumbled, trying to think of a story to tell Danielle. I hummed and put my iPod on the iHome. Jazz music started playing and I looked at my stack of books that I brought with me from the Orphanage. I skimmed through my Agatha Christie collection and saw, 'The Mysterious Affair At Styles.' I laughed as I read the last word. I loved mystery novels. I had every single Agatha Christie book and all the Sherlock Holmes novels. I sat in my mushroom chair and started reading.

**The intense interest aroused in the public by what was known at the time as "The Styles Case" has now somewhat subsided. Nevertheless, in view of the world-wide notoriety which attended it, I have been asked, both by my friend Poirot and the family themselves, to write an account of the whole story. This, we trust, will effectually silence the sensational rumours which still persist.

I will therefore briefly set down the circumstances which led to my being connected with the affair.

I had been invalided home from the Front; and, after spending some months in a rather depressing Convalescent Home, was given a month's sick leave. Having no near relations or friends, I was trying to make up my mind what to do, when I ran across John Cavendish. I had seen very little of him for some years. Indeed, I had never known him particularly well. He was a good fifteen years my senior, for one thing, though he hardly looked his forty-five years. As a boy, though, I had often stayed at Styles, his mother's place in Essex.