Half Loved ~ Chap 8: I'm Toast

Start from the beginning

“My name is Mr. Schoenberg. And I am your Algebra professor. I’d like to remind you that this is a classroom and I intend to keep it that way. If you wish to talk, then I would prefer that you step out now and don’t ever come back again.” He said sharply.

Okay? What’s his problem? If I thought I was snappy, but this guy was way far off. He seemed like he was having PMS or something.

“Well, if you don’t have any questions, it’s time for pop quiz.”

What the heck? Okay. Luck wasn’t really on my side today. Oh crud.

~Lunch~

“Hey, Andy.” Tyler said, catching up with me after we were dismissed by Evil’s spawn, Mr. Schoenberg.

“What?”

“How’d you do with the test?” he said as he high fived some people we passed through.

“Fairly good. How about you?”

“Same same.” He said matter-of-factly.

“Hey Ty!” a couple of guys said as they approached us.

“Sup bro.”

“Wanna get some lunch at the Belt?”

“Nah, you go ahead.”

“Oh, who’s this little guy.” The guy said as grinned at me.

“Hey, don’t be rude Jesse.” A red headed girl said as she stood beside me. “I’m Sasha.” She said as she hugged me.

“This is Root b—Andy.” Tyler corrected.

“Found yourself a new mascot eh.” The Jesse guy said with a little laugh.

“A cute mascot.” Sasha giggled.

“Hey hey, back off guys, he’s my newest sidekick.” He grinned.

“Not again.” Sasha rolled her eyes at Tyler. “Don’t mind him Andy, he’s just being the dumb jock that he is.” She teased.

“Yeah, Tyler here is as air-headed as a balloon. He’s up for anything.” Jesse added.

“Hush hush guys. Leave my little sidekick alone.”

“Hey, I’m no sidekick of yours.” I snapped at him.

“Oh, this one’s got some spunk in him.” Said the Jesse guy in approval.

“Yeah, way to tell him Andy.” Sasha she agreed. “Well, Mr. Popular is shooing us away now, so I’ll see you some time. Nice meeting you.” She said with another hug.

“Yeah, bye Spunky.” The Jesse guy said as he went with Sasha.

“So you’ve met the Colton siblings.” Tyler said.

“They’re siblings?” I exclaimed as I turned around. Oh yeah, they had same hair colour. Figures.

“Yeah, twins actually. Jesse’s my roommate.”

“Cool.” I said evenly as I made my way through the crowd. Why was he still following me?

“Hey, wanna grab some lunch?”

“Wait, didn’t you turn those guys down? And now you want to have lunch with me. I’m confused.”

“Well, I had to talk to you about my erm... proposition.” He winked.

“What propos—oh. Is this about that nonexistent debt you had me do?”

“Hey, last time I checked, our deal was pretty legit.”