i. eyes withered

THE WARMTH OF the morning star had long faded as the horizon swallowed its wholeness

THE WARMTH OF the morning star had long faded as the horizon swallowed its wholeness. And the darkness had rolled its way to paint the empyrean above with its gloomy hue, albeit it birthed the most radiant entities, scattered across the firmament.

The glittering of the silver pimpled moon glided to the dimly lit room through the narrow window. Splashing illumination to its floor and reflected upon the bare stone walls.

She peeked with curious eyes at the man who had his back towards her, sleeping with a remarkable stiffness beside her. Lillian had known him long enough to understand the nature of the man. Still, it felt as there were more underneath Rikkard's immobile feature.

Her eyes reverted from their corners as he slowly turned his posture towards her. She could make out his miraculous figure from her peripheral vision. Lillian didn't mind sharing a room with him, seemingly because Rikkard had been a less of a cold company whenever they were alone.

She had to endure the everlasting torture from his coolness for the day, whenever they were with another living soul. However, he would be warmer at the night where he would arrive in their room and tucked her between his arms securely.

Her employer still had his eyelids shut as she turned her head to get a better look at his straight form, deep in slumber. Lillian had accompany him to his other travelling mission. She would remember all the places he took her to, she would tucked the memories deep between her pumping heart, and let them ignite the flame through her pulsing veins.

Her eyes slid to her dark midnight hair that could rival that of the charcoal sky, her fingers craved to brush their tips upon its smooth, neat surface. She dared to raise her left hand, letting her fingers land on his stony head, sprinkling feathery touches like those of pinions brushing the cold midnight air. Skating her fingers within his smooth, clean-cropped strands, she felt a calming sensation flowed through her.

Lillian had gone to unconsciousness for an hour or two, to be awaken by the next. Since then, she had been silently tossing around to lulled herself back to slumber, but to no avail. At last her mind started to conjure up images of her and the man beside her, travelling with guns in their hands, fighting against the wide open world. She had smiled at the ceiling above her.

Her fingers danced through his hair, swirling and smoothing, creating the symphony of a divine art, until she felt a slight movement beneath her touch.

Her gaze was torn from the ceiling, eyes widen for a fraction as they met a pair of clear sea-coloured ones. Her fingers stopped their magic, caught frozen between the slightly disheveled strands she had caused.

"Mr. Linton!"

His raspy voice echoed throughout the dim, cold chamber. She could feel a shiver rush through her spine. She forced herself a grin.

"Hello, Mr. Ambrose, Sir!"

"What do you think you are doing in the middle of the night?"

A cold storm formed in his eyes. His hand reached hers atop of his head, lightly squeezing her tanned one and brought it down to the space between them, lacing them together.

"Uh," She was not sure how to sound her reason, for all she knew, she had been watching him sleep and admiring his chiselled feature, together with the fact that she had been recalling the moments when they were together. "nothing. Just, I bloody can't close my eyes after waking up awhile ago."

His eyes travelled around her face, observing every crook and nook of her smooth visage intently. His thumb glided across the back of her hand, soothing her in the process.

"That, Mr. Linton, is caused by your lack of daily activities, you have been lazing around all day."

She scoffed, "I'm sorry, but if you care to recall, you had hounded me back and forth, demanding me to finish my work fast and efficiently."

"Oh right, and you had done it very fast and efficient indeed."

Her jaw dropped at the dripping sarcasm hidden under his tone. Lillian was ready to fire him back to where he supposed to be. However, she suppressed it due to the notion of what he had endured lately.

Her free palm met his chest, emanating a soft thud as she glared at him. A ghostly smirk appeared on the corner of her lips. "You are lucky I'm in a good mood now."

"Good mood?" The words were strange coming from his lips.

"Well, at least good enough to not wanting to chop off your stone of a head." She shrugged as the even earlier that day passed her cerebrum.

After a few contemplation, she parted her lips to voice her mind. "So, are you feeling well?"

His eyes, fixed on her face, grew colder, swirls of stormy sea forming in them. One of his perfect brow raised half a millimeter. "What makes you think otherwise?"

His voice was arctic. She knew he was concealing his inner feeling as his little finger twitched twice on her intertwined palm. She tightened the hold, squeezing in the process.

Thinking to better leave him alone with the matter, Lillian offered a soft smile. "Nothing, just forget I said anything."

His clear gaze wandered off from her face. Lillian watch him closely, cherishing every angle of his facial features which seemed to accentuate from the illumination from the gleaming moon. Pouring its blessing upon the regal individual in front of her.

"Just know that if you need anyone," Her other hand patted softly the hand that held hers. "I'm here."

Rikkard's clear eyes reverted back at her. The arctic storm soon withered slightly by her words. His gaze lingered longer at their intertwined hand before resting on her pair of gleaming brown orbs, holding them with a slight tenderness she had never believed he was capable of.

And she held him back, with her warm eyes, palming his as if they were the most precious twinkling sapphire amongst the glimmering night dusts.

Lillian could make out his unspoken words, she could understand the way his eyes shone as she brush her finger across the back of his hand.

He might pride himself too high, but there was no mistake that Rikkard Ambrose was content with her presence that moment, holding her warm hand and calming eyes.

Or perhaps he always felt content whenever she was around him.

Soo.. this is the first installment! Can't wait for the feedbacks from you! Anyway, sending my loves and kisses for you!! Your votes and comments are very much appreciated♡

Jocelyn.