Chapter 12

I drove my car home at record speeds, I avoided the small country lanes that I'd normally take and stuck to the main roads in attempt to avoid the forest that Matt was using to stalk me in. I'd made the biggest mistake a wolf could make. My father had raised me to know better. He had always assumed I'd be mated to a powerful wolf so he'd prepared me for situations like these. At this point Matt's wolf had taken over and this could mean one of three things for me; the first was that he was pissed- so pissed that he had lost control of his wolf and they were on the hunt for the what- or who had set him off. The second was if somebody he was close to, heck someone in his pack, was in danger and his wolf takes over instinctively; to protect those around him and as an alpha this instinct was stronger than any other male wolf- part of the reason they were put in charge of packs in the first place. The third was when similar to the first though it wasn't an enemy or food that he was hunting, it was me. I'd started the chase. The chase was when a wolf, normally a male, found something they wanted to keep normally it was a woman, sometimes mates did it to tease but sometimes; like in my case, it was to stop them from losing our scent and the only person they could ever love. It was something my father always wanted me to avoid because when Matt catches up to me, which me most likely will, the circumstances of me running probably won't be pretty.

I pulled up to the drive of my house and ran at full speed to the front door. I knew that this would probably be the first place he would come not only because he'd been following me but because this was the place that my scent was most prominent. I needed him to find me in a place that I could control and if the very worst happened my dad would be in the house to attempt to save me from horny teen wolf hunting me down.

I opened the front door and ran straight for the kitchen to lock the backdoor. I didn't deadbolt it but made sure that he could get in- but not without shifting first. I knew from experience that dealing with a man was a whole different situation than a wolf and believe me when I say the man is easier. I pulled out a random pair of shorts from the dryer, they were probably my brothers and put them on the decking just outside the door because my wolf was just as horny as his and I doubt him being naked would help our situation, well not for me anyway.

 I went to the fridge and started pulling out random ingredients. My mum taught me to cook when I was younger she always said that the way to a man's heart was through his stomach and with a werewolve's increased metabolism food was the key to anything you wanted to go your way, something I had also picked up from my mother. I knew that I didn't have much time before he got here so I chucked noodles in with all of our veg and made stir fry.

Just as I was putting everything into a wok I heard a loud growl coming from the behind me. I turned around slowly, as if I was in a horror film and I knew the thing behind me had the full intention of killing me though hopefully when I turned around there wouldn't be some guy in a black cape and mask asking about scary movies. Once I was facing the back door I could see Matt clearly. His wolf was the biggest I'd seen and I knew that this wasn't his full size because he hadn't mated yet. He was standing outside his position was meant to scare me but show me who was boss. My wolf reacted instantly she was howling in my head for her alpha and I knew that Matt could sense her. He gave me a pointed look practically ordering me to open the door. My wolf was eager to please him and tried to take over control pushing me to the door to let her mate in and whining at me when didn't twist the lock to let him in but instead pointed to the shorts I'd left on the decking outside for him to wear. He growled slightly but picked them up in his mouth and jogged of to shift. I waited for him to come back, though he only took seconds it felt like years of waiting all I could hear was my own heartbeat and a slight sizzling from the stove.

Matt ran at full speed to the door unlocking it and grabbing me in one swift movement. His eyes were black telling me that even though he was in human form his wolf was still calling the shots.

"Matt?" My voice shook slightly as he stared at he his black eyes staring deep into my silver ones.

"Mine." He didn't sound human and he was growling more than talking. "Mate." He lent down to my neck his nose rubbing against my mark before he started kissing up my neck to my lips. I moved my head away so that he couldn't get to my lips because I knew that the moment his lips touched mine I'd be a goner.

I raised my hand from my side to his chest and pushed with all my power to push him off but he didn't react. I sighed and put my hand to his cheek ashamed of what I was about to do but I didn't want him to drag me off into the woods with him. I pushed my lips to his and kissed him with all the emotion I could which he returned with so much enthusiasm I started feeling light headed. I pulled back and looked into his eyes, his eyes, not his wolf's.

"I want you to go for a run and I don't want you to come back until you have full control and are thinking clearly understand?" He placed a light kiss on my lips and let me out of his arms before backing out of the door and running of into the trees.

I went back to the stove and I was just putting the food onto plates when arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me back into a rock hard chest and a face was pushed into the side of my neck. I felt him taking deep breathes in attempt to calm his wolf, I must have upset him more than I thought if his wolf was angry.

He turned my around in his arms so that we were face to chest, his towering form was more intimidating than ever. I looked up into his eyes which were slowly returning to their normal shade- a sign that his wolf was slowly giving back control. He raised a hand to my neck gently running his fingers over the mark sending shivers down my spine.

"I'm sorry that I lost control." His voice was barely above a whisper, shame clear on his face all traces of his predator gone. "I'm sorry that I scared you, I'm sorry that I made you run from me."

"You didn't scare me, I scared myself." He raised his eyebrows in confusion. "I've been preparing to reject my mate since I was 13 and after 5 years of telling myself that school and my life needed to come first I wasn't prepared for well you. Your just so perfect and understanding and even though I basically told you I was going to pick medical school over my mate you still wanted me, so I guess I freaked myself out when you marked me because I wanted it." I lent back against the counter, his arms going back to my waist a smile clear on his face.

"So you aren't scared of me for marking you and then chasing to you to your home with the intention of taking you with me over my shoulder cave man style?" I laughed shaking my head kissing his cheek gently before handing him his plate of stir fry and grabbing his hand leading him to the table.

We sat and ate in a comfortable silence but he never let go of my hand. I felt like a little girl, the affect he was having on me was something out of a storybook but the truth was I didn't mind. Not one bit.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys

I just want to say thanks to the readers that have stuck with me even though I being so annoying with my lack of updates. I should be getting my laptop back next weekend so updates will become more regular after that. I hope this chapter is longer than the last I can't really tell because I'm writting it on my best friends phone :/ and I only had 20 mins whilst she's in the shower, so it's prob not my best work which also means there isi prob mistakes which I apologise for. I will dedicate this to someone the min I get my laptop back. Thanks for the support please keep it coming plus if anyone wants me to read there stuff message me cause I'd love a new story to read :)

I hope you like it

MajorBlondeMoment

xx