"That's your mother talking, not you. If you had magic, you'd wanna use it too. Trust me." The blonde shrugged, "Magic makes life exciting! Auradon is such a snooze fest — look around you! It's so preppy and perfect." Ally practically gagged at the harmonious world surrounding them. "You have to act one way or another, do this and that here and there." Ally shook her head, now pacing back and forth.

    "I know, I know. It's so difficult to be myself here. Part of me wants to follow the rules, a-and try to be the princess my parents want...but no matter how hard I try, I can't be that girl. I won't let myself."

     I continued, "I'm making small strides, though. I'm lucky enough that they let me out of the house looking like this." I motioned to my outfit, comprising of a leather jacket, a grey tank
top, a pair of black leggings, and a pair of worn combat boots. "This is the real me."

    "You look like you belong elsewhere." Ally chimed in, suggesting that I'd be better suited for somewhere like the Isle.

     I didn't argue as part of me hated to agree.

    "You seem like you're in the mood for some mischief. Let's do something fun." I teased, tossing the bitten apple over my shoulder. "I think I'm going to embrace this 'rebellious' thing once and for all." I added with a burst of confidence.

    It was no secret that Ally and I were free spirits. We were crazy at times, sure, but never bad enough to be banished to the Isle of the Lost. In all honesty, weren't villains because we weren't allowed to be bad.

    Ally had inherited her parents' looney quirks and desire for adventure. She always plays around and causes trouble, but she always means well.

Since I've met her, I've felt like an entirely new person — or at least an improved person. At times I feel fearless like my mother, but a bit more reckless. The only thing that kept me in Auradon was my parents, who held a high regal status. If a princess deviated to the wrong path, and ended up on the Isle of the Lost, it would reflect poorly on her entire family. It's safe to say that I was bound by honor and guilt to subdue my truest colors.

• • •

    Ever since Mal and Ben began dating, all of the other royal children had to live in the shadow of their glory; the shadow of their fame and admiration. Soon I would bow to Queen Mal. The thought of her ruling over me was frightening. I wasn't used to somebody so feared suddenly having so much power over my friends and family.

    Mal would be extremely powerful once completely free from the Isle's anti-magic restraints. There's no telling how strong she'll become, or how her newfound power will be used.

• • •

"Erina you can't be serious. This is your idea of mischief? You know our school has a swimming pool, right?" Ally gaged at the sight before her. I simply shrugged, inhaling the fresh air around us.

    "I see no problem here."

    "Erina you're lying down in a fish foundation, kicking coins around w-with your toes." Ally squealed, teleporting to the other side of me to get a better look. She gazed in awe at the sight of blue scales appearing and fading along my thighs.

    "It's probably not a good idea to use your powers in public. What if you get caught?" Ally mocked, strolling around the circular fish fountain and scooping up rusted coins up in her hands.