Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

The sun nudged over the tops of the pine trees. Its radient light as peaceful and happy as had been the day before. Its morning light threw itself through Luna Knight's upstairs bedroom window. With a sudden thrust of unhappiness, she through her purple comforter on the oak floor. Which was surprisingly cool for a summer morning. She lughed sarcasticly as she pranced down the amber shaded, carpit staris. Her father wouldn't be up during this time so she glided towards the kitchen to fix herself a bowl of Captain Crunch. Sitting alone on the cream colored couch, she sighed, and ate her cereal. She did not know why she had let her father convince her to move to her great, great grandmother's home town of Abboney Falls.

A ponud on the front door threw her from her thoughts. She laied her bowl on the glass coffee table, and rose to answers the door. She did not care if whoever it was saw her in her fuzzy, short shorts pj bottoms, and a t-shirt that stated "Go Get Your Own." She pulled the door inward with a little more attitude than necassary.

A man at least in his tewnties widened his eyes with her appearance. Sure almost every guy she met thought she was pretty dang sexy with her short, dirty dish water blond hair, slightly tanned skin, her skin as smooth as a babys, her hair nearly, if not softer. She had a smile (when she wanted to smile) that could light up any bodies day, with a demple that showed up while she was smiling or not. She had creamy blue eyes with a hint of green, and a face as beautiful as an angel.

"M-morning ma'am." His southern acsent greeted.

"Morning." She greeted with fake enthusiathim.

" Is your father in?" He asked regaining his composture.

" Maybe. Maybe not." She answered with hidden flitation.

" Ma'am I am in a great deal of hurry." He barked smoothly

" Sir," She barked back. " He's sleeping at the molment."

" Well, can you wake him." He erged

She moved back away from the door, throwing one arm towards the stairs.

" You go wake since your in such a hurry." She challenged.

Even through she far enough away from the door, he still some how shoved right through her.

" Don't mind if I do." He snapped bitterly tipping a black cowboby hat at her.

" Good luck." She mused just as bitter.

He rushed up the stairs towards her fathers' room. She glided back to her seat on the couch, grabbed her bowl, and bagan to eat again. All she could hear was the distant mummbled voices of the men above. She frowned. Letting out a sigh, she scurried to the kittchen to rense her bowl and spoon. The sound of heavey footsteps marked their approuch. She sighed again when the footsteps entered the tilled floor of the kitchen. She didn't need to turn around to see that her father was giving her a stern look.

" I'm sorry." she lied.

" Sure you are." Her father's stern voice scorned.

She turned to face him, throwing on her best inoccent look. Her father had broad sholders, and was nothing but muscle. Hed had a deep brown shade for hair, green eyes, and lightly tanned skin. He was a handsome man... for his age. She looked in the tattle tail. She glared at him with content. He only smiled, and tipped his hat.

" Yeah nice to meet you to." She snapped as she shoved him out of her way, storming out of the room.

She heard their laughter as she stompped her was to her room. She opened her door and slammbed it after she entered. The sound of footsteps entered her mind. a light knock only angered her more. she threw opened her door letting it hit that wall.

" What do you want!" She screamed.

" Howdy ma'am." his voice ecoed.

Her words got caught in her throat when she accually got a good look at him. She could see the buffness of his arms from under the grey button up shirt, which was tucked into his bluejean pants. She admired his tanned skin, and his hazle eyes that you could get lost in. His lips were a light pinkish red, which for some reseason she wanted to claim them with hers. His lips formed one heak of a sexy, half smile. He was amazing drop dead gorgous. A demple claimed the right side of his mouth. He was only four inches than her, and at least two years older.

"What do you want." She growled.

" Only a simple hug." He answered holding out his arms.

There was a hint of appology in his voice. She sighed, giving in, she opened her arms and embraced him. To her surprises she felt warmth and safty within his arms. His touch lingered on her even after he let go.

" Your father wants you down staires." He stated after a few seconds of silence.

She nodded. Following his down staries, he lead her to the living room.

" What do you want daddy-o?" She asked smerking.

" I'm going to be going to work with Jason, here pretty quick." Her father began.

" And?"

" I want you to go with me."

' Why."

" I want to spend time with you."

" Okay..."

" Please." Jason begged, smoothly.

She rolled her eyes at Jason.

" I guess i can... I anit got any other plans."

She sigh. Running up staires, she changed into a pair of faded blue jeans, and green tanktop. She grabbed her dark purple hoodie and jogged back down the staires. Both men were chuckling and speaking in another language, when she went down the staries. They were speaking her native tounge, Latin. Jason spoke something to her father, in Latin.

"Thanks for calling me attravtive," She cut it walking passed both of them, towards the door. " Keep your hands off, boy."

His mouth opened to a perfect o. Her father busted up laughing.

" You know how to speak-" Jason began.

" I have ever sense I could speak. It was my first language. My mother taught me english." She answered walking out of the front door.

                                                    *                   *                      *

She sighed boredly. Sitiing inbetween Jason and her father didn't make her enjoy anything. Though with Jason beside her, in the passenger seat, made her heart flutter. Every time his elbow brushed against the uper part of her arm, her heart spead up. Her father, driving, glanced at her and Jason from the conner of his eye.

"Dad how much futher do we have to go?" She asked flatly.

She was tired of sitting. She was tired of alot of things. She was tired of being trapped.

" Not much longer sweetie." He answered.

" Don't worry you wont have to wait much longer." Jason grinned.

She looked up at him and grinned back.