1

I was looking outside of my bedroom by a window above my bed. On the outside, the snow was falling from last night. I remember yesterday snow was falling for the first day of the season in the city.

It's not the first time I saw snow. It's my second time. I was living in Hong Kong from when I was born until I graduated from Senior High School. That's the reason why it's my second time seeing snow. There's no snow in Hong Kong.

Now, I'm living in my Grandmother's house in Beijing, the capital of China. I have forced my mother to make me move to other city because seriously, I don't want to live in Hong Kong again.

Hong Kong is a modern city in China, but I prefer to live in another city. After my mom heard that I wanted, she forced me to enroll in Peking University in Beijing. She reasoned that my Grandmother can take care of me If I want to live in Beijing. So, she didn't allow me to live at a dorm or an apartment.

Although my grandmother's house is not as big as my house in Hong Kong, I'm feeling happier than before. Although my grandmother's house is quiet, I had to get used to living in that house.

Besides that, I don't like my cousin who lives with my grandmother too. He is a stiff man who has the same routine everyday. He goes to work from Monday to Saturday at 8 am to 6 pm. After that, he stays in his bedroom after dinner time. On Sunday, he always cycles alone and he doesn't want me to follow him. And also, he doesn't want me to disturb him for anything.

"Mei Ling!"

I heard my grandmother calling me when I looked outside by my window. Not only that. The aroma of the breakfast smelled up into my bedroom. It means that my grandmother called me because she wanted me to have my breakfast immediately.

"Wei Sheng, guo lai!"

And my grandmother also called my cousin to have breakfast together.

"Ah, why do you always make a cha siu bao every two days?" asked Wei Sheng when he was disappointed with the breakfast today.

"You know if I always sell cha siu bao every two days! I always make more bao for you. You know that you have studied at Peking University using the money from selling my food. Why must you complain, huh?" asked my grandmother.

"Gege," said me.

"It's not your business, Mei Ling!" said Wei Sheng.

"Wei Sheng, you must drop your sister to the market before you go to the office. Okay?" asked my grandmother.

"Hao," said Wei Sheng.

***

Before Wei Sheng went to his office, he dropped me to the market first. We went there by using his car.

In Beijing, people usually go somewhere by riding a bicycle, riding a motorcycle, or using public trains. If you have a car, it means you are rich. Like Wei Sheng. He bought a second car last year. Although he just bought a second car, it means that he is a rich person.

"Mei Ling, why don't you go to any university?" asked Wei Sheng.

"I'm not smart like you. And I think, I don't need to go if I don't want to go. My mom has forced me to enroll in Peking University but I didn't pass the test. And also, I have a dream to open a restaurant. I want to inherit our grandmother's recipes," said me.

"We have arrived!" said Wei Sheng.

"Xie xie," said me.

After I left Wei Sheng's car, he went to his office immediately. He didn't say any word to me like see you later or take care.

Dictionary:guo lai = come heregege = big brotherhao = okayxie xie = thank you