Headmistress

Headmistress Minerva P.O.V
     I watched over my students as they flocked towards my most accomplished students, Harry,Ron and Hermoine. It was such a blessing to have them all back in one piece. As I watched the students gush over Harry, movement caught the corner of my eye. I looked towards the school entrance to see a cloaked figure dashing into the school. How strange, I wonder who that could be?
     I turned from the window and walked pointedly downstairs. Perhaps if I were quick enough, I could find the cloaked student. Just as I rounded the stair case I saw him entering the school.
     "Excuse me young man, hoods are not permitted to cover your face indoors. So I must request you pull down your robe hood." I said with an aura of authority. I watched in curiosity as the figure shook its head frantically, how odd.
     "Fine, since you refuse to listen, you will be joining me in my office after the feast." I called to the figure, who was still standing a ways off. Not waiting for a response, I sped off towards the Great Hall where I am needed for the sorting of First Years, I have no time to deal with disrespectful mystery students.
-------------------Time Skip--------------------
     The feast went wonderfully!! The hall was once more filled with the laughter and whispers of students. The sorting progressed flawlessly as well, 20 Ravenclaws, 16 Hufflepuffs, 30 Griffindors, and 6 Slytherins were added to the school. However the feast had ended and now it was time to deal with the less joyful part of my job, disrespectful students. I watched silently as the cloaked figure slipped into my office and sat down quietly.
"Now then, as you have been told you are not to have your hood up on school grounds, a rule you blatantly ignored." I said, I looked at the figure and saw no reaction, nothing other than black robe material. "Usually I would just award you with a detention and continue on with life, but instead I am going to give you a choice, you can either go to detention for a week or take off your hood and show me who you are." I say, whilst the figure nodded in understanding. I watched intrigued as the abnormally tall figure slowly and hesitantly pulled down there hood. My breath caught in my throat as the figure revealed himself, it was Draco and he was bearing many scars.
"I am terribly sorry headmistress, but as you can see I look like a corpse, that is why I have been forced into concealing myself." Draco explained as calm as ever. Oh this poor child, he may have been a pain but I would never wish this state upon anyone. His face was gravely scarred and he was so thin that he looked almost transparent.
"Oh my, have you tried other ways of concealing them?" I inquired quietly. I struggled to look him in the eyes without looking at his scars, no wonder he stays hidden in a cloak, the scars are truly horrendous.
"I have tried countless spells and potions but nothing works." He admitted. He sounded defeated and hopeless. My heart broke at the sadness of the situation. I had to do something, I couldn't just let my student suffer, even if he was a prick.
"Very well then Mr.Malfoy, seeing that you are in an unusual situation I will allow you to wear a hooded cloak over your school robes. I will also grant you a private room in a tower next to the Griffiondor house if you promise to have your scars inspected by Miss Pomfrey after classes tomorrow." I said.
"Of course I will see her!" Draco all but jumped up in excitement. I beamed at him with a warm smile.
"Very well then, the password is pulchra Leo And the room is located behind a portrait of Emily Rome on the same floor as the Griffindor house." I said. Draco jumped up from his chair and strode towards the door, beaming with excitement, but stopped before exiting.
"Thank you headmistress" he said sincerely, looking directly at me before putting up his hood and leaving. My heart stopped, I didn't think it possible for a Malfoy to be thankful, but war changes people, sometimes for the better.