Chapter 1 (Part 2): The new Beginning

Почніть із самого початку

"It's a secret alright?"

"...Hm?"

The old man tilted his head in confusion, but before he could form a reply, the girl gently grasped his hand, and began chanting in runic language.

"<The angel's charity>"

Then, the girl's hands began to glow faintly. At the same time, the old man's wound began to rapidly heal.

The white magic [Life·Up]; It was a technique that greatly increased the target's natural regeneration abilities.

"...O-Oh-...!?"

As the old man looked at his finger, his eyes widened in surprise.

"Hm, alright. After that is... <Oh children of fire·Spark at the finger's fore·Ablaze>"

Next, the girl chanted the black magic [Fire·Torch], and a small flame appeared at the tip of her finger. She dropped the flame into the metal bucket, and its content were immediately lit ablaze.

"Little lady... That mysterious power... Is that the rumored 'magic'?"

"Yes. To be honest, if the academy finds out that I used magic outside the campus, I will be severely punished."

"Now that I think about it, that outfit... That's the uniform of that strange academy. Little lady, can all your friends also use that mysterious technique?"

"Yes, though everyone else is more proficient than I am, and can use a much greater variety of abilities."

"Eh... This is quite a convenient skill isn't it? If an old man like me could use a mysterious skill like that, then my life would be far more interesting and enjoyable..."

"Ahaha, I suppose that would be true. By the way uncle, about the magic that I used just now, uhm... if you could..."

"Oh, you want me to keep it a secret, yes? I got ya."

"Yes, thank you very much."

"What are you saying? I should be the one thanking you. Little lady, thanks for the help."

As the young lady and old man exchanged delighted smiles-

"Lumia-! Sorry I'm late-!"

The clattering sound of hurried footsteps could be heard coming from afar. If one were to look into the distance, another young girl - dressed in the same fashion as the young girl standing on the sidewalk - could be seen approaching.

"Hm? That girl... Is she your friend?"

"Yes. She's my close friend, and I'm currently living at her house. Well then, uncle, I should get going. Have a good day!"

"Aye, work hard on your studies alright?"

After saying her farewell, she walked towards her friend.

Since it was still rather early in the morning, the main street of Fejiti was fairly quiet.

On the neat and tidy granite-layered street, two girls were walking side-by side.

"Geez Lumia, you're too nice of a person... even though I told you to go ahead without me..."

"Mm... I can't... If leave the esteemed lady of the house behind, then I, who am nothing but a mere house guest, will definitely be scolded by the household's head and his wife..."

"Idiot, can you stop joking around, we're family alright?"

"Heh heh, sorry, Sisti."

The two of them smoothly ended their discussion on a disconcerting topic.