Graduation

Lina couldn't stop smiling as she brushed her midnight black, neck long hair. She put on a light amount of makeup, a touch of bronze eye shadow to enhance her already big hazel eyes, a good shade of blush to match her caramel complexion and a bold red lipstick to show off her plump lips ; wore her flowy, knee length dress that she hand picked for the graduation, specifically to show her tall, curvy figure and match her crimson red nails and lipstick. She matched her red dress with ankle length black boots and looked up into the mirror.

Her outfit could be described in one word: DARING. She put on a few accessories and finally put on her treasured necklace. "Lina Ross. 18. Class of 2017. You made it. You are DONE!" Lina squealed to herself in the mirror.

 Today was the day she would walk through her high school halls and never come back. It was Graduation Day.  This was her day. Nothing could bring her down; including her stubborn visions. 

These visions were no new occurrence. They were always there lurking behind her, following her wherever she went. They came in different forms: nightmares, daydreams or she could even pass out during the day. They always caused havoc when they happened. She could be out for days which lead to the thought that she developed a sleeping disorder..... though no amount of medication would help. Her parents had even took her to see a psychiatrist for her odd behavior. Unfortunately, nothing they did helped so the family had concluded to ignore it completely. It seemed like a good solution. The visions eventually stopped when she was a preteen and she managed to live the life she wanted. She always worried that they would come back and that feeling has been haunting her for years.

"Knock knock" Lina snapped out of her deep thoughts. " Come in," she responded. She was quickly greeted by a warm hug from her parents."Today, Lina Ross, you graduate. Go up there and take your moment. We will be right there watching you." Her teary eyed mom sobbed. "We are so proud of you," Lina's dad exclaimed.

As they walked out of her room door, Lina looked back at her reflection one more time, sighed, smiled and slowly shut the door.

RICHWARD HIGH SCHOOL

Lina's POV:

Wow! It seemed like just days ago when I was first a freshman and now I'm done. As I sat in my graduation robe and waited for my name to be called, I replayed my speech in my head. I wanted to make sure I didn't mess it up.

 I really didn't know how to feel, this was the last time I'd ever see some of the faces around me. Sydney,one of my best friend was accepted to a University in Ohio while I was headed to Canada. Landon, my crush, though just best friend according to him, didn't know where he was even heading. He enrolled at the Canadian University I was going to but they hadn't responded yet.  And my close friends were just...

" Lina Ross" Announced the head mistress.

Walking through the isle of people, I could see my parents on one side. They were overjoyed. I smiled and received my diploma. Stepping onto the desk to say my speech, I felt slightly dizzy. Looking at everyone's faces staring at me; I forgot everything I was going to say and my head began to spin. This was a feeling I knew too well to forgot. They were back.

And before I could catch myself from falling, I was somewhere else.....

Lost. In my mind...

Please give this chapter a vote if you like it and feel free to ask me questions and give me constructive criticism in the comment section below ;)