Chapter 1

"I count the money you count it to cause you a reflection of me shorty.. "

I ran out of the bathroom and jumped on my bed to answer my ringing phone.

"Ms. Kaylaaaaa " I drug out hearing my bestfriend laugh on the other end.

"Ms. Keilaniiiii... what's taking you so long im ready to gooooo.!" She whined on the other end which made me laugh she so dramatic. Well we both are and that's why we clicked so much because we are just alike people used to think we was twins.

"Oh hush im brushing out my hair now you can actually head out and ill meet you in the front by my car. " after saying our goodbyes I grabbed my phone and packed up my purse with all the necessities.

Me and Kayla met in the second grade when a little boy kept trying to talk to me and he couldn't understand I didn't wanna talk to him. Kayla cut into him and we was besties ever since. We later realized that we lived in the same run down apartments. Her mom and dad separated when we was in the sixth grade and he moved and married the mistress.Me, my mom, my dad, and my half sister all lived in my apartment.

My dad died two years ago and my mom still is mourning his death. She deals with it with alcohol and when she is not drinking she is the most sweetest person you will ever meet. My mom sent my sister Tasha to live with her dad right after my dad died since she was just going to high school and my mom was not stable enough ,my mom was the only family i had living in New York and i wasn't moving, so i hardly seen her but i could care less about her .

My mom and dad separated for a year after i came and mom got pregnant. My dad accepted Tasha like she was his own and in return she hated him and me.Me and her never got along mostly because she hated us along with her dad and i dont like her because she act too grown and her dad and step-mom let her.

Enough about us. Our school was having a back to school football game. Which basically is a game for our team to play their rivals but its off the books.

I walked out of my room and down to my moms to see it was empty and dark. I looked around for her but I seen a note on the island saying she went to Keisha's house. Keisha was my mom little hoe friend. She was 46 and act and dressed like she was 22. She have twin daughters that went to my school and they was just as bad as their mom.They also followed after Tasha who was in the same grade as them.

I locked up and headed to my car to see my Kayla already there. In the tenth grade my daddy told my if I get all A's he would get me a car and he kept is promise as always.

"Hey hoe! " Kayla yelled. I laughed hugging her.

"Shut up and get in. " we both got in and I pulled off heading to the school.

"Have you heard anything from Tasha?" I gave her a look letting her know no i didn't and i didn't wanna talk about her. So she just switched the subject.

"I can't wait to see who all gone be here. Jay said his boys coming to the school this year. I met some and let me just say best friend you about to get a nigga." I just shook my head listening.

Kayla and Jay been dating since he came to our school tenth grade year. He was transferred to our school because he got kicked out of his school for gang related violence. Me and Kayla was the only ones who would talk to him because we grew up in the area we know how it can be.

Our school Jeffrey High was in the middle between the hood and the working class. We lived in the hood but our parents wanted us to be safe so we traveled the extra ten minutes. Kingston the school in the hood where he got kicked out of. It was full of criminals but we know he got kicked out because him and his best friend was king pins at only 17 years old. The school just got him because he got in an altercation and that was their only way to get him out.