:Genius: Chapter Twelve

Start from the beginning

“What's happened here?” Mr Fond asked, I froze, turning to look at him and Jean burst out laughing.

“She... she ...” She tried to get out, but was too busy laughing to say anything. I put on my best obviously fake glare and pointed it at her.

“You're laughing at me? I've got Mad Cow's Disease, I'm not afraid to go crazy.” She managed to stop laughing for two seconds, before looking at me again and started rolling on the floor. Quite literally in fact.

“Man Cow's disease?” Mr Fond asked. I held out my finger, clutching it in the other.

“I got its blood in my bloodstream, sir! I feel faint, tell it to me straight, what's going to happen to me?” He gave me a strange look, and pulled me towards the sink.

“You've going to wash your hands before it gets infected and you're going to continue my class.” I looked back at Jean who was trying to raise herself from the floor. It seemed like she did it often, because nobody even glanced her way.

“I'm not going to die?” I asked in a meek voice. He rolled his eyes, like I was an ill behaved child.

“No, now please don't try to interrupt my lesson any more.” I wrapped some tissue around my finger and walked back to where Jean was now sitting, holding her stomach.

“It wasn't that funny.” I muttered, taking my seat. She nodded, catching her breath .

“'I've got AIDS'” She mimicked and shook her head. “people with Mad Cow's disease don't froth at the mouth, by the way, you're thinking of Rabies.” I grumbled under my breath. When she stopped laughing, she was silent again, working on the heart, but I saw a trace of a smile, meaning maybe, just maybe, I'm convincing her I really wasn't a spy for the English.

Asha found me at the end of the lesson. We walked back to the lounges for a while and sat on the floor by our favourite couch flicking through channels, slowly Jean joined us with Natalie and Anton. Anton saw me immediately, threw me a glare, and wandered off to the dorms. I forced myself to take my eyes off of his fine-- hisstupidback. Jean and Natalie sat gossiping on the far side. At around half three, Harred came strutting in, with a smirk on his face. Jean sat on the opposite side of the couch to me, but still managed to embarrass me thoroughly by telling them my biology incident. Everyone laughed as I blushed and looked like a stupid girl, Asha patted my shoulder as if to say 'it wasn't your fault' and suddenly I felt stupid, and I hated it. Harred had said I don't act like my grades, and Anton was convinced I was smarter than I was pretending, maybe some part of me wanted these people to find out about my intelligence, so I wouldn't have to pretend. I'll need to repress that, if they found out my real intelligence I don't think their brains would skip straight to being Ocyne Liyla.

“Oh no!” Asha exclaimed, jumping up. Everyone's eyes turned towards Asha. “I have an exam in Calculus and I need to study!” She gathered her bag, taking time to organising it neatly as she straightened her books up and made the pens all neat.

“Yeah, and that Geography test tomorrow.” Harred said, looking thoughtful. Asha's eyes turned frantic.