Maaga syang nagumpisa magluto.  Mga three o'clock pa lang ay nagumpisa na syang mag prep.  Di kasi sya  sanay magbalat ng patatas at ng carrots, at mas lalong hindi sya sanay na maghiwa ng mga ito.  Buti na lang may mga chicken breast cutlets sa freezer at di na sya mahihirapan maghiwa ng manok dahil ew!  Ang sabi ni Ashton ay gusto nyang magdinner around 6 PM kaya dapat tapos na sya sa lahat lahat bago mag 5:30.  At dahil natapos sya ng maaga, she even decided to make a easy layered parfait using the chocolate pudding, whipped cream, and bananas she found.  I'm sure good shot ako nito kay Abo!

At exactly 6 PM, bumaba na ang dalawang binata.  Habang naglalakad sila papuntang kusina, nagusap muna sila.

"Bro, do you know what day is today?"

"Friday."

"No, today's the day na dapat makilala mo ang future wife mo."

"Don't remind me."

"Ano nga ulit pangalan nya?"

"I don't know and I don't care," malamig na sabi ni Ashton.

"Malay mo, sobrang ganda at mabait nun.  Hindi ka ba curious man lang?" nakangiting tanong ni Enzo na parang nanunuya pa.

"Of course not.  She's only after our money.  Her and her whole family.  I hate people like that.  They make my blood boil.  Alam ko na ang habol nila sa akin."

"Yeah, yeah, the great Daniel Ashton Ordonez Benitez, the eldest son of Watson and Lorraine Benitez, one of the heirs of the Benitez empire," Enzo said with a playful eyeroll.  "Well, ang sabi ni mommy is di rin naman talaga matutuloy ang meeting ninyo kasi wala rin daw si Misis."

"Eh di mabuti."

"You know you can't hide forever.  Dad's word is the law, alam na alam mo yan."

"Yes, but if I can delay the inevitable until mapagod si dad sa kakahintay, eh di my effort was not wasted."

"Basta, I'm just saying...don't you ever think of the what ifs?  What if she's really the one for you?  What if even without dad's intervening, kayo rin pala in the end?  She could be the best girlfriend..."

"Shhh, enough,"  Ashton quickly shut up Enzo because he noticed Stephanie in the corner carrying a pitcher of iced tea.

"Good evening po, sirs," Stephanie said when she saw them.  Girlfriend?  May girlfriend pala si Abo?  She only heard the last few words out of Enzo's mouth.

"Hi, Gigi," at lumapit si Enzo at nagbeso pa.  Nagulat naman si Stephanie sa nangyari.  Naitulak nya tuloy si Enzo palayo.

Nagkasalubong nanaman ang mga kilay ni Ashton sa nakita.  "Gigi," he said sternly.

"Po?"

"Nasaan ang plato mo?"

"Ah, Sir Ash.  Sasabayan ko na lang po sina Lota at Eman kumain sa cottage naming mamay.  Nakakahiya naman po eh."

"But didn't I already tell you that I don't like people hovering over me?" naiirita pa rin nyang tanong.

"Kung ganun po, Sir Ash, maghihintay na lang po ako sa kusina," she took the bell by the wine rack and placed it by Ashton's water glass.  "Just ring the bell if you need something."

Enzo looked at Stephanie in disbelief.  "Gigi, no, if you don't want to join us, fine, pero the bell is too much.  I'm sure we won't need anything."

Nginitian ni Stephanie si Enzo.  "Just in case," she even winked at him.  "Sige po, enjoy your dinner.  Bon apetit!"

Lumabas na si Stephanie ng dining room.  She didn't even care if he liked the curry or not.  He has a girlfriend.  Whatever you do won't matter a bit to him.  She put a palm to her face to erase her thoughts.  What was she thinking?  Of course it shouldn't matter if Abo had a girlfriend or not. He's my boss and I'm his cook.  Stop it, Steph!  Namimiss mo lang magkaboyfriend.  She sat on the counter and read the newspaper.  She waited and waited for that bell to ring, but nothing happened.  After half an hour, she saw Enzo peek his head through the door.