‘’No, say it,’’ Riley urges. ‘’You got a problem with my hair!’’

    ‘’I got a problem with your make up,’’ Ryan then flattens her lips.

    ‘’What?’’ She gapes.

    ‘’The eyeliner hun, makes your eyes smaller than what they already are,’’ She points out. ‘’If you’re gonna be doing that, at least do some eyeshadow.’’

    Riley jerks her head, her lips opening and closing from being flabbergasted. ‘’Well you change your hair and you change your make up.’’

    ‘’Hun,’’ Ryan cocks a brow. ‘’My highlight is brighter than my future, there’s nothing to change.’’

    Maya shakes her head vigorously with furrowed brows. ‘’Stop being ridiculous! Both of you!’’

    ‘’I want to completely redo-’’

    ‘’The way you dress,’’ Maya finishes for her, again.

    Ryan and Riley tilt their head at Maya as Riley asks, ‘’You don’t like me at all, do you?’’

    The blonde cranes her neck forward. ‘’Your one of my favorite people in the world, along with Ryan. I wouldn’t change a thing about you.’’

    Riley straightens her posture and announced, ‘’I want to tear down the bay window.’’

    The brunette beside her had her hair shifting swiftly when turning back to face her with wide eyes. ‘’What?’’

    ‘’You shut your face.’’

    Riley cocks a brow. ‘’It’s time.’’

    ‘’What’s the matter with you?’’

    Ryan shifts in her seat, leaning back into the decorative pillows. ‘’What do you mean it’s time? What’s wrong with it?’’

    ‘’We’re changing, Ryan,’’ She prompts.

    ‘’We’re not,’’ Maya remarks.

    Her gaze shifted over towards the blonde sitting on the other end of Ryan. ‘’Maya, the most important things in our lives are changing. The bay window is one of the most important things in our lives. It’s changing with us. It’s time.’’

    Ryan remained silent as Maya calls, ‘’Riley, look at me. Some things mean too much to us to ever change. I don’t ever want this place to change. Look at me and tell me you understand that.’’

    She was lost in a daze until Riley calls her name, pulling her out of her trance. ‘’Ryan?’’

    She looks up and met their gaze. One was angry while the other one was collective.

    The calm and collective one had asked, ‘’What do you think about this?’’

    Ryan Collins swallows the pool of saliva in her mouth that she didn’t even know was forming until now and spoke in a small voice, ‘’We’ll always have the memories, Riley. Even when it’s changed, we’ll be holding onto the old ones while making the new ones.’’

    ‘’Are you insane?’’ Maya’s eyes were wide at Ryan. ‘’Okay, no, Riley. You don’t have my permission for this. This place has always been my sanctuary from the storm.’’

    ‘’It still will be,’’ Ryan assures.

    ‘’Maya, we’re doing it.’’