⇉ five

five - Girl Meets Netflix and Chill

She trudged along her moist Adidas that erupted with a squishy noise within each step, her socks had absorbed the water that was poured all over Ryan, as she walked behind Ranger Rick into the warm and welcoming scented home.

He drops his bag by the door and calls, ''I'm Home, Ma!''

The small brunette watches as an older woman with sandy blonde hair dashes out of the kitchen. She was a spitting female image of the Friar boy, who stopped almost instantly in her steps when she noticed a guest.

''Oh,'' She breathes out a and smiles, wiping her hands against the clean looking apron. ''I didn't know you were bringing someone.''

''I was wondering if she could stay the night?'' Lucas asks, walking towards the center of the living room, where he stood a good distance between Ryan and his mother.

The brunette internally cringes when she sees the mother tilt her head to the side while shrugging her shoulders.

Mrs. Friar turns to her son with flat features that weren't quite readable to the thirteen year old. ''Where are you guys gonna sleep?''

''I was thinking in here, on the couch or the space we got in the basement.''

She jerks back and furrows her brows, pointing at Ryan whose hair was still drenched from the previous car wash incident. ''By herself?''

Lucas eyes widen and promptly shakes his head. ''No, I'm gonna be with her.''

Her stunningly blue irises gaze shift towards the girl, eyeing her timidly as she spoke ''Did your parents agree to this?''

Lucas cringe at the plural his mother used but chose to say nothing as Ryan answered ''Yeah.''

''Okay'' Ryan and Lucas let out a breath of relief before Mrs. Friar yelped out a quick ''One more thing!''

The two eye her with wide eyes just as the older woman burst into a toothy grin. ''What's your name, sweetheart?''

Ryan broke into a giggling fit at the tough act Lucas' mother was pulling off. ''Ryan. My names Ryan.''

''Nice to have you, Ryan.''

She nods at her, taking lazy steps towards Lucas' side. ''Likewise, m'am-''

She waves her off. ''Call me, Debbie.''

Ryan peers over at Lucas through the corner of her eye and purses her lips, mouthing a small ''Okay.''

''Go ahead and get comfy, Ryan!'' Debbie's strong accent was heard when she was making her way back into the kitchen. ''Dinner will be done soon!''

Twisting her body to Lucas, she eyes him with a playful grin. ''Why do I get the sense that any friend of yours that you bring, your mom treats them as her own?''

His orbs are trained at the kitchen whilst he flattens his lips into a straight line. ''Because, she's that kind of that mom.''

Ryan's dull brown eyes ignite as she snort at him, a string of laughter following afterwards.

× × ×

''So,'' Ryan starts, jumping her presence into the cushions of the couch, bouncing the presence of Huckleberry from beside her. She lifts her legs onto the surface, sitting criss cross from beside him and moves her figure to face him, asking ''What are we gonna talk about?''

He shrugs his shoulders. ''Sports?''

Her expression falls flat at that and shakes her head. ''No. God, no.''