Chapter 1

I walked around the house looking for Jacob, I heard moaning coming from upstairs in Anna’s room. As I made my way up the stairs, I heard a deeper moan. Curiosity got the best of me; I stood in front of the door.

“Fuck! Go faster!,” I heard Anna scream.

“God, you’re so sexy!” I heard a man say, who sounded a lot like Jacob. My heart started pumping faster. I put my hand on the door knob, and twisted the door open, to reveal my roommate naked under my boyfriend. Tears were already trickling down my face before I knew it. I ran out of the house and into the cold night. I kneeled down on the grass crying my heart out. How could he do this to me? He said he loved me, he said he’ll be mine forever. I guess I was wrong.

I got up quickly.  Tears were flowing out and down my face. The pain in my heart was still there, after six months. Every time he was in my mind, the scene of what happened would replay in my head, it was a nightmare that I could never get rid of.

I walked into my bathroom and started to undress myself and got into the shower. Feeling more relaxed, I decided to make breakfast. Getting the carton of eggs out from the fridge, I heard the doorbell ring. I walked over to the door. Abandoning my eggs I opened the door to see my best-friend standing in front of me. She was holding two cups of coffee in her hands.

“Hey,” I said.

“Hey yourself,” she said and handed me one cup of coffee.

“What are you doing here?” I asked,

“Can’t I visit my best friend?” she raised her eyebrow at me.

“Ally.”

“Yes, Claire?”

“Seriously, what are you doing here? Early in the morning,” I looked over at the clock hung on the wall. “It’s only 8:23,” I whined taking a sip from the cup.

“Well, I actually came to tell you something,” she said, looking at everything but me.

“What?” I asked, curious.

“I might have set you up with someone,” she replied

“What do you mean?” I asked, although I already know the answer. I wasn’t ready to start dating again. And that’s what I told her.

“That was six months ago, if I were you I would have gotten over him by now,” she exclaimed.

“It’s not that easy you know, I loved him,” I spoke the last part in a whisper. Thinking about this made the pain I felt worse. He cheated on me, and the worst part was, I gave him my virginity. I thought I was his everything, I trusted him.

“Maybe you should try dating someone else, to get over this pain,” my best friend suggested. I decided to listen to her and try and go on a date.

“Fine,” I groaned. “Tell me more about this ‘date’,” I said, air quoting on the word ‘date’

“The date would be tomorrow night,” she started to explain the details. Apparently, the date is happening at the most expensive restaurant in the city, she also describes how the guy looked like and that he was looking for someone to date.

*

I got ready to go to the mall with Ally; I picked out a pair of black skinny jeans with a yellow shear top. I quickly changed into my outfit and applied a bit of make-up. Shoving my phone and keys into my purse, I put on my yellow flats. Quickly, I ran down the stairs and entered the living room to see Ally watching T.V and munching on some Doritos. My poor Doritos. I walked over to her and snatched the bag out of her hands.

“Hey! I was eating that,” my best friend said with a pout.

“Too bad. Get your own food,” I said taking a chip out and putting in my mouth.

“Oh come on! I’m your best friend,” she spoke with a baby voice and adding a pout.

“You should know by now that no one touches my Doritos.”

“Let’s just go already,” she concluded, not wanting to argue over a bag of Doritos.

I went to the kitchen to put the bag of chips back in the cupboard. Making my way outside, I checked myself in the mirror placed by the door, before going out. I made my way outside and walked towards Ally’s car. Carefully, I climbed into the passenger’s seat of Ally’s 2010 Acura. I put the seatbelt on.

Twenty-three minutes later, we arrived at the mall, the parking lot was filled, it took us another five minutes to find an unoccupied parking space. As soon as we parked the car, we both got out and walked towards the direction of the mall. Once we were inside the mall, we went to the food court for some lunch. we made our way to one of the venders to order our meal.

“Hello, what would you like to order?” the guy behind the counter said.

“I would like a chicken wrap with a side of large fries and a medium root beer, please,” Ally replied. The worker then turned to me.

“And what would you like?” he asked

“Um…….I’ll have a turkey sandwich with large curly fries and a medium coke.”

“Ok, I’ll be back with your order shortly,” he retreated into the kitchen.

We stood next to the counter and waited patiently for our order. It took roughly five minutes to get the food and eat. Ally walked over to an available table, with me following behind her. As soon as we were seated, we started to talk.

“What are you going to wear for your date tomorrow?” my best friend asked me eagerly.

“I haven’t decided yet,” I replied with a shrug.

“Well we can have a look around the shops if you would like,” she suggested

“I guess we can,” I mumble, not caring if we did or not. We quickly ate our food and dumped our trash in the garbage bin, and made our way into one of the many shops in the mall. We looked at most of the clothes in the stores and found nothing.

“How’ bout this dress?” Ally said, holding up a black dress. “I like it, you should try it on,” she continued, pointing towards the fitting rooms. I took it out of her hands and went towards one of the little rooms to try the dress on. I slowly took the dress off of the hanger, not wanting to try the dress on, I changed out of my clothes and into the black dress. My eyes went wide as I turned around to look at myself in the mirror. It looked amazing on me, the dress fitted me perfectly and it hugged all my curves that I didn’t know I had. I walked out to show Ally how I looked. As soon as she saw me, her mouth dropped to the floor, looking at me with wide eyes.

“You have to get this dress, it looks so good on you!” she squealed

“Really?” I questioned.

“Yes really, this dress is made for you Clare,” she clapped her hands together and let out another squeal. I quickly changed out of the dress, and paid for it. We left the mall, and went back to my place.