Chapter 4: Give All Our Secrets Away

Garret waited for Zombina in the porch. It was dark outside, he had called a cab, for he had preferred not to walk outside in the dark at 7:30 at night. He looked at his watch, a tad concerned. He was going to be late, it was the first real date he had with a girl. Was it even a date? He wanted to do something nice for her. He sweat dropped. Walking to the foot of the stairs. "Zombina! We're gonna be late!" Just as he said that, she walked out of the hall into view. She wore a nice top and a pair of jeans. The top was half cut showing her stomach and stitching. "Am I over dressed?" She asked smiling smugly, knowing she was gorgeous. "No, you look just fine." He says smiling. Feeling so lucky to take a girl like her out. Although it was a horror movie, he felt like he was taking her to a fancy function with dancing, music and wine. His cheeks painted pink as he watched her hips sway while she walked down the stairs. Garret felt his heart jump as if he was going to pass out. Suddenly a horn honked. A small Toyota Tacoma taxi sat outside. The driver waves. Garret opens the door for her with the ladies first gesture. "You're just too sweet." She says smiling walking out the door. Garret soon joined her getting in the back seat of the car. The driver was a middle aged man wearing a golfing hat and glasses. "Where to?" He asked. "Goldberg Theatre please." Garrett says to the driver. As they departed Garrett began avoiding eye contact with her. Watching the city lights as they drove through the Japanese city. He began to wonder how different life would have been if he didn't come here. Would his life be so exciting without Zombina? Would he have a normal life? He didn't want a normal life. He liked the outlandish girls. Ones that aren't afraid to be different. Like Zombina. Without her, his life would be so boring. He lost himself in the lights of the city just letting the car carry his deadweight body around like a cloud in the sky, if he did any more he probably would have fallen asleep.

Soon they had arrived at the theatre. "Okay, that will be ¥6000 my friend." The driver said. Paying, they walked outside. A cold wind greeted them with a little snow. "Damn...should have wore a coat-" Garrett cut her off with an embrace from behind, his body heat warming her almost instantly, his coat was big enough so he wrapped her and himself in it. "Thank you Garrett....." she said sombrely. They walked in sync to the front door as the driver drove away. Walking through the push door, they where the first ones in attendance for the movie they wanted to see. The theatre had seven different screen rooms with IMAX. The wall was covered in movie memorabilia. King Kong hung from the roof swinging at model airplanes, Godzilla was stomping on a model of Tokyo, and the Xenomorphes where tacking mannikins. It was nice and warm, shielding from the early winter air. Garrett let her go, or at least he tried, she kept a solid grip on his hand. "Were on a date, we should look like it." She said smiling. They ordered snacks and drinks for each of them. Garrett followed Zombina into the theatre getting a front row seat next to each other. Soon other people flooded in, most Being horror enthusiasts and couples looking for a scare. The time came and at 8:03 the film started. Garrett was actually enjoying it. He was a jumper, not so much a screamer like others in the theatre. Zombina on the other hand found the zombie scares hysterical. She slapped the arm rest and caught herself holding Garretts hand. She flushed red. Almost as red as her hair. They looked at each other deep in the eyes. Not blinking. Zombina analyzed every detail about his irises, the shade of blue and what other colours hid inside. Garrett carefully scanned her face, memorizing every curve and edge perfectly.

A blackout scene came around. Everyone was clapping. As the characters talked, Zombina and Garrett payed no attention, only focusing on each other. They inched closer and closer, hooking noses about to lock into a tender kiss. Just before they could experience the bliss of a kiss however, the screen came on again. More scenes rolled around. Although it certainly didn't ruin the date. It made the two of them uncomfortable that they couldn't get a little alone time in the dark. They continued to watch the film, fingers locked. His hand felt cold but soft and silky. Garrett's felt rough but strong to Zombina, as if it was a suit of armour protecting her little hand. Little did they know Ms. Smith was watching them from the rear row. Thankfully she did not see them try to kiss in the dark. The lights came back on, and everyone clapped. Even children who snuck in. Zombina and Garrett got up from there seats as he called back the Taxi. Both tired, the time was around 11 at night. She yawned visibly looking sleepy. Garret then looked over to see her leaned against him, sleeping soundly. With a smile on her face. He lifted her bridal style leaning her face against his chest carrying her. When the taxi dropped them off, he carried her inside the same way. When he tried to put her to bed, she wouldn't let go. He figured the only way was to cuddle with her. Getting into his night wear he crawled into his bed with her, holding her closely. This made her feel safe, she stuffed his face in her chest, her hands on his head. And they both drifted off into the land of dreams. Garrett felt pure bliss. That date went perfectly. God only knows what tomorrow would bring them.