Chapter 13

Previously on Chapter 12

"promise?" He said his voice is barely above whisper. I smile "I promise, Newt. I won't leave you." He give a small smile and pull me back in his arm "I love you, Y/N.... So much" "I love you too, Newt" after a while I pulled away. "Newt... Can I have some water?" He nod and ask Minho to get me some. He soon come back and hand it over to me. I quickly chug it down feeling freshen up. Newt hug me again, we stayed in each other arms, until I slowly drift of to sleep. Newt slowly laid me back down on the bed. He place a soft kiss on my forehead. Then he laid next to me, pulling me in his arms. Then slowly falling asleep with me.

-Recovery-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been a week, my gunshot wound is still recovering. I'm gonna need more time for it to completely heal. I try moving my shoulder around and it still hurts from time to time. I still have to lay down on the same bed I was in when I first here.

I close my eyes feeling bored, I haven't got out of this room. Newt insist me to stay and don't move too much. I heard footstep, I open my eyes slightly to see Newt looking down to me with a gentle smile plastered on his face. "Hey..." He says gently. "Hey" "how are you feeling, Love?" "I'm good, Just..." "Just?" "Bored" I say with a huff. He just chuckle. "Can I go for a walk, Pleaase?" I say pouting. "Love... You need to rest" "Newt... I'm injured on my shoulder, not leg.... I'm fine" I whine. "Y/N..." "Pleeeeasseeeee~" I say with a puppy dog eyes. "You lost too much blood, Y/N" he says and I huffed. "Fine... Looks like you'd rather if I die from boredom" I say looking away, sulking slightly. "Love.... Look at me" he says, I feel him caressing my head, but I won't budge. "Y/N..." Still no respond from me.

He sigh, then I was picked up. I let out a squeal and on instinct wrapping my arms around his neck "what are you doing, Newt" "you said you wanna go for a walk" "I wanna walk on my own not being carried by you" I say pouting. "Okay.. Okay..." He say placing me on my feet. He wrap his arm around my shoulder. Then we walk out of the tent.

"Glad to see you're finally on your feet, Y/N" I turn to see Vince. "Yeah... That's because Newt kept saying I need to rest and to not leave the bed" I say with a huffed. Newt laugh at my childishness and kissed my cheek. I blushed and hit his shoulder playfully. "Awww~ how Long have you two been a thing?" Vince ask. "Since in the Glade. Probably around a year or so... I don't count the days" I answer. "I see... Well enjoy your walk. Get well soon, Y/N" Vince said smiling and I return it.

We continue to walk. We stopped on an open field. "Newt... I wanna train my bending" "no... Your shoulder is still recovering" "I'm okay... Geez" I say rolling my eyes. "Love..." "I need to train, in case we were ambushed. I've been getting a bad feelings lately" he just sigh and hesitantly nod his head. He went to take a seat on a rock not to far from me. He just sit there, watching me. "Be careful, 'Kay?" I just giggled at him.

I took a deep breathe and start with earth bending. I move the rocks and slam them to the wall. Perhaps it's too loud since the rest of the group is gathering, along with Vince. "What the heck was that?!" Vince yelled out. "Ooops sorry." I say out of embarrassment. "I think there's something you guys didn't tell me" Vince said looking at us. I forget we didn't tell him about my ability. "Um... Vince. Have you heard of a child from W.I.C.K.E.D that was born with the ability to control elements?" "Yeah... But I heard they got rid of her" "so... You think she's dead?" "How do you know it was a she?"

"I'm that kid... I the abnormal kid, who's able to control elements." "So you're the one who control the rocks just now?" He ask. "Pretty much... Yeah" I say rubbing the back of my head. Looking down. I felt someone patting, I look up to see Vince smiling at me. "Well... That's more advantage on us. I'm Glad you're on our side" I smile at him. Newt walk over to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "Yeah she's on our side. You have no idea how hard she's been trying to protect us. She even felt bad when we lost some of our friends" Newt said looking at me. What he says reminds me of the faces of our fallen friends. I look down as tears threatening to fall. Newt notice this. He place his index and thumb on my chin, then he turn my face to look at him. "Love.. I've said this once and I'll say it again. It wasn't your fault. You've tried your best to protect us. You can't expect to protect us all when you're only alone. So... Don't blame yourself, 'Kay?" He said wiping my eyes with his thumb gently. I nod and hug him tightly. He hug me back, rubbing circles on my back to calm me down.

After a while we pulled away. Then we realise that it's getting late. So all of us head back to the camp. Newt lead me to my camp. I laid down under the cover. Newt cover my with the blanket and place a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Goodnight, love. I love you so much" "I love you too, Newt" he turn around about to walk away, but I grab his hand. He turn to me, confused. "Please, stay with me?" I say gently. He smile at me and motion me to scoot over. I did and he climb under cover. He wrap his arms around my shoulder. I snuggle to his chest and close my eyes. I felt him place a kiss on my head. I fall asleep with a soft smile on my face. Feeling secure in the arm of my beloved boyfriend.

Whatever happens in the future, I don't care as long as Newt is here with me. I'll face whatever is coming to me

*to be continued*