30· separation 5 🔸

Start from the beginning

She said the usual good morning and got to work, ready for a better day than usual.

After Keith explaining his problems to his mom, she grabbed his hands and prayed with him.

"You can stay here long as you need. I would never let you and my grandbaby be left on the streets. I refuse that type of nonsense." That's what he loved about his mom. She was always dependable and helpful.

The day was now over and Keith had woken up from an 8 hour nap. He felt so fresh and relieved. He went downstairs to see Milan watching cartoons and the smell of soul food cooking. He picked up his daughter, walking to the kitchen.

"Keith, you up?" He heard his mom yell.

"Ma, I'm right here."

"Oh, honey, can you go to the store and pick me up some potatoes and bread. I told Kevin ass to get it, but he can't do shit right." She gave him $20 and her car keys and he grabbed Milan, making his way to Carl's grocery mart.

A long day at work , Y/n just wanted to rest, but she had to grocery shop. Her house was empty as shit. She said her goodbyes and clocked out, making her way to the store.

She pulled up to Carl's grocery mart, getting down and grabbing a cart. She pulled her phone out, looking at her list so she won't forget anything.

She grabbed a pack of pasta(her ultimate favorite) and a jar of fettuccine sauce. She strolled her basket, looking for some more items.

Keith walked around with Milan as she kept touching stuff. He told her to stop then she started running down the aisle. He chased after her, but her little legs were too fast for him at the moment.

Y/n bent down to get a case of water only for a little figure to be bumped into her. She smiled as the little girl said 'sowwy'.

"Its ok, babygirl. Where is your mommy?" She stood up as the girl looked up to her in amazement.

"Home. I'm here with my daddy."

"Oh, thank God. Milan what I told you about running like that?" Y/n looked up to see a male figure that made her heart ache , cringe, cry, thump, every indescribable emotion.

"Keith?" She whispered and looked him in the eye, a little tear falling from her eye.

"Y/n?" He looked at her change in looks and her scrubs. She still looked good to him, he just didn't wanna break her heart again.

She turned quickly and started walking off with her basket while Milan stood there lost. She looked up at the adults who gave weird exchanges to each other.

"Y/n , come back here. Please talk to me. I miss you." He went to grab her arm as she turned his way and snapped.

"Keith , don't fucking touch me! You really have some nerve to come in here and say you miss me? You married me for my money and cheated on me with Michelle. You made a beautiful daughter but I just can't deal with this. You hurt me , Tyree." She turned around once more, leaving with her basket.

Keith lifted Milan and went to the cash register, seeing Y/n. She ignored his presence but felt something tugging at her leg. She looked down to see Milan holding onto her limb.

"Aw." She smiled a little at Milan's big brown eyes and lifted her to her hip. She walked back over to Keith handing him the girl.

"Pwease?" Y/n sighed and held Milan. She wasn't mad to hold the kid, she knew she had to deal with Keith's nonsense. After 10 minutes of waiting for the line to go down, Y/n noticed the baby fell asleep on her shoulder.

She rocked her and checked out at the register, and making her way outside still holding Milan. Keith strolled her basket out for her, and she handed Milan to him.

"Thanks. I don't know how I would've gotten her to sleep." Y/n nodded a no problem, getting into her car.

She drove off as Keith watched her exit the parking lot. He wiped his tear of joy but sadness that he saw his baby girl again.

He jumped in his car, making his way back to his mother's house. He wondered to himself if his Mom knew Y/n lived down here .