"Is that Lily?" Remus whispered.

James perked up at the mention of her name, but not quite at what she was talking about.

"Why wouldn't she want to be next to us?" James asked in a quiet voice.

He was cut off though by Claire.

"Oi! Two of those children are our boyfriends!" Claire quipped.

Remus and I smirked at the wall separating us from our girlfriends, but James was frowning.

"Yeah I know. I'm still shocked you two are dating Marauders," Lily's quiet voice spoke.

James, Remus and I all shared looks of confusion.

Were we really that bad?

"What's wrong with dating a Marauder?" Camellia asked annoyed, and I could see Remus smile.

"What's wrong with dating a Marauder?" Lily repeated. "I'll tell you what's wrong. They're annoying, egotistical, ignorant, and only care about themselves!"

At this point we were all frowning, and James was biting his lip.

"They may be annoying. But those boys have a bond like no other. And it's not our fault you don't see that," Camellia stated.

There was the sound of a door slamming. Before footsteps. And then our compartment door opened.

"Oh. You all heard that," Camellia mumbled.

She walked over to Remus and sat down next to him and James.

"Thanks for sticking up for us," I thanked, Remus nodding in agreement as he wrapped his arm around her.

James was staring out the window.

I was about to say something when the girls started talking again.

"I'm sorry Lily, but that crossed the line. Camellia and I love those boys and you should respect that whether you agree or not," Claire spoke.

I lightly smiled at my girlfriend, for sticking up for us as well.

"How do you not see it?!" Lily exclaimed loudly.
"See what?" Claire asked.
"Those boys are just going to use you! They're players! They're going to break your heart!" Lily yelled.

Remus and I both froze at that.

Use Claire?

Why does everyone think I'm going to use Claire?

I love Claire.

"Camellia, you know I'd never use you. Right?" Remus asked lightly, but you could tell he was really worried about her.
"Of course," Camellia whispered back to him, pecking his cheek.

I stared at the wall, waiting for Claire to reply.

"Excuse you?" Claire started.
"I think I'd know if Sirius was using me or not!"

It was comforting to know Claire trusted me.

"What about all the rumors going around?" Lily questioned.
"What do you mean?" Claire asked her.
"I heard someone just yesterday say that Sirius slept with Romona Brown," Lily said.

She wasn't wrong. I had heard it too, but asked them to stop.

"People spread rumors, but there's no way of proving them," Claire stated.

Silence.

"Well. I think I'm going to go if you're going to continue talking about my boyfriend and his friends like that," Claire said.