Chapter 1

Alyssa was as normal as any 25 year old woman could be. Apart from the fact that she is a secret agent on her down time. Which according to the agency is all the time. 

"I don't understand why I have to come in on a Sunday!" Alyssa complained on the phone.

"Well I'm sorry to be calling you, but you know you are one of the lower agents so much of your free time must be sacrificed in order to move up in the ranks. Or is that not what you want?" The voice on the phone confessed.

"Of course that is what I want. Don't belittle me Charles, you too once got the annoying call for a stupid task. Which I consider degrading, even though I will be there in a few minutes." Alyssa expressed her discontent by sighing before the called was ended. For once her home city wasn't as crowded as it usually is. Unfortunately she still had to go to work.The subway train came to a stop as everyone first got off and then others hurried on. She had to take three stops until she could walk the rest of the way to the building. 

The building looked like the common New York City skyscraper. With over 50 floors and many windows on each floor in order for more natural light. She walked in and reached for her id card in her pocket. Her foolish face flashed before her eyes as she quickly swiped the card and put it back in its place. The doors opened, allowing Alyssa to enter and feel the air conditioning on her body. She took a step in and entered an elevator. She clicked on the 48th floor where Charles and her boss were located. The doors then closed and questioned her,

"Please state you identification number."

"618300748, Alyssa Watson" She stated like routine.

"Welcome Miss.Watson." The elevator greeted and the begin on its descent to the top.

"Very happy to be here." Alyssa replied sarcastically.The motion then stopped and the doors slowly opened. 

"Good morning Mr.Chairman to what do I owe the pleasure of being here today." She announced as she walked through the door. she took a quick scan of the room. Charles as usual was in the corner next to the phone awaiting another call or order like a lapdog.In the very center of the room stood a large mahogany desk which had the classic large, rich guy chair. With two chairs opposing the chairman's chair. There was someone occupying the chair on the right. This person's hair was slicked back with gel as it shimmered in the light. It appeared to be a man since he was wearing a gray tux with gold cufflinks. His hair was gray and almost silver you could tell he was getting old. 

"Great, another rich guy with a small complaint." Alyssa thought 

"Alyssa greet Mr.Walker. He has come here today asking for a special agent, and you were the first person I thought of."The chairman replied

"Of course Mr.Chairman,"she turned to Mr.Walker,"my name is Alyssa Watson and I will be helping you with your dilemma today"she then bowed and looked up.

"Well Miss Watson, I have a feeling,no, I know someone is out to kill me and I would like for you to find out who it is. I have a feeling that I know them, so I believe I might be assassinated at my party that is being held the following Sunday."He explained calmly.

" May I beg your pardon sir, but why are you acting so calm about the fact that you might die?"Alyssa said quite shocked

"I'm getting old I must admit and one of my three sons will take the rightful place as head of my company. My wife has long since left me for the other side so I wouldn't mind joining her soon. Yet, the fact that I think it might be someone I know I want to find out what has caused them to do or even think of such a horrible thing." He once again explained

"What makes you think this though?" I reply finding a sad truth to his words.

"I got a call recently that told me to watch my back also my phone has gotten hacked so I had to get a new one. I don't know what this killer wants or if they just want to kill me out of spite."He showed me his recent call with one of them marking as caller unknown.

"Come here agent Watson."the chairman beckoned. I walk over turning my attention to him.

"This is one of our biggest sponsors so if you don't get this right you will be fired. I don't want to risk anyone else's reputation, but one of the younger agents I can do just that without too much damage being done to the agency." He whispered, yet you could see his smirk.

"Of course sir, just leave this to me." Alyssa replied reluctantly walking over once again to Mr.Walker.

"I will do anything in my power to prevent  a tragedy from happening."Alyssa swore as she accepted a piece of paper from the old man reading 'invitation'.