Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Veronica's prospective

It didn't seem like a threat, but a sleeping Hodag was in the middle of the path. Unbothered by the screams and the battle in the distance. But why we stopped was because a dead Flodian soldier was by it. The soldier seemed unharmed but was surely dead.

"How did he die?" Ryan asked, Sam drew his bow and an arrow but I pulled the man over. His throat was slit and the rest of his body was cut and slashed. Anne was cut like this. I grabbed my sword and turned to see the large forest men. They were in greater numbers and none of them looked familiar.

"You're the two who killed Yrike. For your senseless actions, you've grown to be our enemies," the man in the middle pointed to both Sam and I. I swung my sword around my hand and it grew larger and strength flooded through my body. I've only had this once before. I can't feel the pain and strength will keep me up. But after that, I cannot die from the wounds, but I will collapse. Depending on how bad the wounds are, I will be in a coma for a certain amount of time. My sword's celestial powers will know when I will need it.

"They killed my friend," I said, "they tried to kill us," I said, they rolled their eyes, like this was a lie. And how did they know it was me? They can't see my face.

"You're lying, and if they did attack, wouldn't you try to reason?" Another one asked.

"No, we couldn't," Sam said.

"For your murder and lies, you shall die." So many of them, around fifteen, my body moved like it had a mind of it's own, but I was still in control. Two of them came at me at the same time. It was easy to slide between them and kill one of them. He clutched his chest and fell, dead.

The other one was furious. Another two joined in, they all came at me at once and I twisted and twirled my sword, hitting each one of them. You see, my sword made worse injuries on monsters than normal weapons. But it was only an injury. They didn't like that.

One of them pushed me to the ground while the other one tried to hold me still, he went back and was ready to power slam me when I stabbed the one behind me in the arm. He yelped in pain and I moved, right when the other giant jumped. They slammed into each other and then there was one.

He was mad. Glowing red mad. He raised his axe and almost hit me, but hit his two team mates instead, killing them both. He bellowed in fury. He swung his axe again, trying to knock me off my feet, I jumped and landed on the axe itself. He pulled it up, trying to knock me off. I jumped again and my sword went straight into the top of his head.

Status: No injuries; probably going to be asleep for an hour.

Ryan and Sam were doing good themselves. I looked back and realized I had just taken down five of them. Five! I decided to help Ryan, Sam had less on his late and I realized Sam had only two more to take care of. Ryan had three.

As one of them was about to hit Ryan, I struck him in his back, he yelled and fell back, almost crushing me. Ryan looked at me thankfully. He got rid of the two and one more looked at him and backed away, "I'm not stupid." He said, he backed away. Surrender? Sam had finished with the two.

Before we could have peace with the fact that we don't have anymore giants to take care of, the Hodag awoke, the last giant who'd backed off had woken it. Sam shot an arrow at the Hodag, but it only bounced off uselessly. His spikes told me that getting close was a bad idea, the horns told me that it could pierce me effortlessly trying.

It ran at Sam in anger, it's tail shaking trees with every chance it got. Sam yelled at us to help, but I didn't know how. I through a rock at it and it's attention steered from Sam to me, I hit my sword at it, seriously hurting it, making it squeal but it looked at me in anger. It's horn scratched across my chest, immediately I could feel blood flow but no pain, as I expected, if I wasn't wearing armor, it would be a lot worse. Ryan rushed over but I assured him that everything was fine. "Try calming it." I pulled off my helmet, finding this never helped me.

Ryan hesitated but yelled at it, the beast looked at him. But approached cautiously, Ryan knelt down in peace. The monster wasn't easily tame. Ryan didn't like his behavior very much and his hands wrapped around, the animal's horns. I didn't know how he had that must strength, but he flung into the ground and it stuck, no matter how much it struggled. He took his spear and slammed it into it's chest, killing it.

"Whoa," I said, "how--"

"They're extremely light." Ryan answered, smirking. "We made it all the way around, we need to get into the battle."

Status: One injury; three hours.

;:;:;:;:;

James's Prospective.

The moon and the sun were almost to the sun, Zachary and Andrew were having it down. A Dolf knight charged me. I didn't have time to think of what to do, I just did it. My sword pressed into his chest and he fell down, I pushed towards Zachary. My father was helping him by pushing away Dolf enemies.

I pushed away a sword from a Flodian Solider, "Thanks." He had black hair and green eyes, like mine.

I turned back to Zachary and Andrew and was surprised to see something else. Veronica.