As she opened the exact drawer where it was kept, Arjun smiled ironically, "You know your way around this house. Even I didn't knew where the first aid box was kept."

She came back to couch with first aid box in her hand. Settling adjacent to him, she started dressing his wound. As she cleaned it with antiseptic, he hissed, "Ouch ouch.. It tingles. "

"Should have thought before banging your hand into the wall.", Meher shot back.

Arjun snatched his hand from her hold, "I don't need your Pravachan (moral/ religious lecture)",

Meher forcefully held his hand again and placed the cotton swab filled with antiseptic on his wound. Arjun yelled in pain and she realized she was being too rough. She blew air on his wound as she cleaned it."Even I don't want to be near you, but I don't wanna listen an earful from my mother and also I cannot see Aunty tensed because of you. Though she will be too concerned when she will see your bandaged hand but at least she will be relieved, that it was taken care of. So its just about Aunty ", Meher irked.

" Yeah...why would you care about me", Arjun scoffed looking at her. He wanted to see her reaction. He wanted to see if his statement made an impact on her and it did.

Meher's gaze moved from his wound to his eyes. He could feel she wanted to say something but she never moved her lips. He wanted her to yell back and admit that she cared about him. That seeing him in pain hurt her too. That she wanted everything between them to be as normal as it was. But she didn't say a word.

She moved her attention back to his hand and carefully wrapped the bandage around his hand after applying ointment. He was still glaring at her expectantly, in silence. His trance broke when she stood up to go.

"I'll see if mum has cooked anything...", Meher said but was interrupted by Arjun before she could even complete her sentence,"No.. I'll cook something here.. myself".

"You can't even boil water and you'll cook something", Meher rolled her eyes and went to kitchen.

She searched the fridge and found mangos.Taking them out, she started peeling them and cut the peeled pieces into the mixer and started preparing mango milk shake for him.

On the other side she put two bread slices in a plate and placed cucumber pieces on it. She creamed the slices with mayonnaise and added some tomato slices, enclosing with another slice and topping with a sauce smiley. Just the way he liked it.

Arjun was standing near the entrance of kitchen. He was observing her, cooking for him.

He chuckled internally at how she would twist her lips in anger whenever her eyes met his in between

He chuckled internally at how she would twist her lips in anger whenever her eyes met his in between. She was short in height and whenever she tried to get angry he found her cute.

Finally as brunch was ready, she handed the plate and glass to him, mumbing,"There's some more in the mixer jar. " He took it but didn't move to give her space for exit.

"Where's yours?" Arjun asked.

"I'm not hungry.", Meher replied trying to move him away.

"You prepared this only for me!!! Then how do I believe this is not poisoned.?" Arjun asked raising his eyebrow cockily.

Meher's jaw dropped in disbelief, "You were literally standing here examining me cooking and yet you think I poisoned it!!!You are impossible Arjun. Yeah I do hate you but its not like I carry around poison so I can mix it in your food. And if I had to, I would have done it long ago.. And.... Argghhh.. You know what. Leave it. Eat it or not I don't give a damn. Move from my way. "

" No, I am hungry and I want to drink it. ", Arjun replied.

" Then drink it", Meher yelled.

"What if its poisoned", Arjun reasoned.

"Oh God!! Then don't. Go to hell. Do whatever you want. Just move away.", Meher huffed.

"I want you to taste it and prove its safe" Arjun stated.

"Its not my problem that you have some psycho mind and weird imagination. Live in your own crazy thoughts. I am not going to prove anything.", Meher gritted pushing him out of her way.

He kept the plate on slab and pushed Meher against the refrigerator. She fought back to get out of his hold, but he was too strong for her. He squeezed her mouth open with one of his hand and placed the glass of milk shake against her mouth, with the other. When she refused take in the contents, he tilted the glass a bit. A few drops dripped down, sliding from her lips to her chin and making way to her neck. That's when she realized if she didn't drink it, he was going to spill it all over her. Accepting her defeat, she drank the milk shake as he kept tilting the glass until it was almost empty.

He moved back a step, leaving her body heavily breathing, still rested against the refrigerator. Using his thumb, he cleaned the contents that spread alongside her lips.

He licked his thumb and winked at her, "I know when you are hungry".

Meher who was looking at him in disbelief up til now, pushed him back and stomped her way out of his house,after picking up her bag.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

A/n:

Hola...

Hope you all are enjoying the story. Please drop in your views. What you like, what you don't like about this story. It means a lot.

Please vote/share/comment if you like it. Thanks to every single one of those who already do.

Keep reading. Keep enjoying. Keep smiling because happiness is created within self and not found somewhere else.

Love ❤️❤️