Chapter 42

[ CRINGE ALERT ]

•••

"(Y/N)? Is that you?!"

You looked up to meet the weary brown eyes of the stranger in front of you. Your pupils widen as the familiar countenance of the woman became recognizable.

"Okaa-San.. "

You gasped and covered your mouth. Your vision became blurry as tears softly and silently spilled out of your eyes.

"Mom.."

The guardian present in front of you smiled as her own tears began to develop and roll down her cheeks. She opened up her arms and reached out for a long-lasting embrace.

Ignoring the bustle around you, without hesitation, you accepted your mothers embrace and squeezed her into a tight hug. You cried in joy onto her shoulder and could hear the sniffles the both of you shared.

Your body slightly shook in response of the reunion. You thought you lost her, but here she was, hugging you tightly, each of your actions expressing such bliss from one another's unexpected presence.

"(Y/N), oh god, I thought you were -"

Before she can complete her murmured accusation, you slowly lightened your grasp around her and placed a hand on her check and shoulder.

"Mom, I'm not dead. I'm right here."

She gave a closed smile and placed her own hand on top of yours. Her eyes seemed to venture around your face, scanning the new and old features of her daughter.

"You've been gone, for so long.. look how much you've matured.."

You sighed and wiped the remaining tears on her face.

"I'm sorry for leaving you. I really am.. I -"

"(Y/N)?"

You turned around and saw the sins waiting patiently. You were surprised to see Diane and Elizabeth in tears. Everyone also wore tender expressions, touched by the moment you and your mother had.

"Hun, aren't they-?" your mother touched your shoulder in caution and hesitated on her question.

"Okaa-San, let's go to our cottage, I'll explain everything there."

She nodded, and grabbed the handles of her cart and started to push it towards the direction of your old home. You waved a hand to signal the sins to follow.

Meliodas jogged up to you and walked by your side.

"So she's your mother?"

You nodded and felt a rush of happiness and relief warm your heart.

"I thought she was dead, Meliodas.." you said in a low tone, so only he could hear it.

He reached out for your hand and intertwined his fingers between yours. You accepted the warmth of his hand and held it, feeling the apples of your cheeks burn.

"Well she isn't dead. But now I know where you got the beauty from," he complimented.

The corners of your lips turned upward into a goofy smile. You peered into his enchanting, mesmerizing eyes and followed his gaze.

Your apples began to burn even more when you realized he didn't compliment your outer appearance but your.. breasts.

"WHY YOU LITTLE PERVERT! DONT LOOK AT ME NOR MY MOM LIKE THAT!!" you yelled, but not too audible. You let go of his hand and punched him super hard on his arm, making him stumble sideways and lose some balance.

"Ouch..that actually hurt for once.." he mumbled, rubbing the bruise.

You rolled your eyes. "Next time, I'm gonna kick you where the sun doesn't shine and send you to Fiore."

Meliodas sweat dropped and cautiously returned by your side, being careful not to make any wreckless decisions. But he knows he'll do it again.

"That's my fierce angel."

.

.

.

.

.

.

After zig zagging your way through alleys and bumping into major crowds, the sights of numerous people began to decrease as your mom led the way halfway out of the town and into a more calm neighborhood.

You walked through some dense bushes and admired the palm trees between every house. They provided shade and an illusion of paradise.

Men worked in the rice gardens and sold some local food while women cared for their children. Many people were collecting fruits from the trees and bushes. The residence here was peaceful.

"We're here" your mother announced.

•••

(*EDITED!* This chapter was edited quite a lot from its original script to improve any errors. Apologies for the inconvenience.)