My work

~Time skip brought to you by not meaning to do a mutiny!~

I swung my legs around the pole once more, earning a few whistles and cheers from the crowd, and grinded up against Leylai. She was a friend of mine, and an avid co-worker. She was trying to save up money for a university course, but her rent was gradually increasing and she wasn't getting much money to save these last few weeks.

The music stopped and the crown erupted into a roar of lewd comments and we walked the edge of the stage. I held back my grimaces as the men and women placed money in my green bodice and black knickers, some even snaked a hand up to grasp my ass as they tipped me. I smiled as nicely as possible before heading backstage with Lelai.

"Those people are disgusting; I saw one man grope you! Are you okay?" Leylai asked, linking my arm with her own.

"Yes, it's nothing that I'm not used to by now." I hummed and we sat at our dressers, emptying our clothing of money.

I counted it as I pulled it out of all sorts of places; 147, 148, 149, 150, 151. I counted. $151 for tonight's work was not a lot at all. I had my rent due tomorrow for the month and I had barely made over a thousand for that and other amenities such as electricity and heating. I sighed as I looked at myself in the mirror.

"Low on cash again?" Leylai asked. "Me too. Paying the bills and the rent can catch up on me some days. I don't even have any money to buy proper food anymore so I don't pay for the gas bill anymore. I just make instant noodles and eat take out."

I chuckled. "Yeah, so do I."

"Guys, you know Gill met her soulmate yesterday?" Hellen, my other co-worker said, leaning on my dresser. "She quit this morning, says he is a billionaire! I guess you soulmate people get all the good guys huh?"

"Could happen to any of us you know? One day our princes will come to sweep us off our feet!" Leylai over exaggerated.

"Not all of us end up with such good catches." I laughed. "Mine seems to get into a lot of trouble."

"Maybe he's a rich boxer, or an MMA champion!" Leylai guessed.

"I doubt it." I mumbled.

I picked up my eye shadow and foundation and began to re-apply in the places that it had worn off during the night and I pulled up my thigh-high stockings. I guess tonight was just going to be one of those nights. I fixed my hair and covered myself with my black long coat to head out, Leylai and a few of the other girls caught my arm as I was about to disappear into the night.

"Look, [Y/N], we know you are turning to prostitution to pay your bills." They started, the girls in the back looked worried and panicked. "And we are not stopping you from doing it, but we would like to make sure that you are choosing the right people to sleep with."

I turned to face them as I draped my scarf around my neck. "Go on."

"We met this man and he said he needed someone to 'take care' of his boss's 'personal needs'. He seemed nice enough and he promised to pay you in units and dollars so you can add it to your savings so you can really live on Xandar one day!" Leylai announced, hanging over an envelope to me.

I looked it over and they held my hands before I could open it up.

"He told us to give it to the hottest girl we knew. And we decided you were the hottest girl we knew who needed money right now." She smiled. "He has written down a place in there and has given you a bit of money to buy an outfit to wear. We thought you could use it to pay your rent instead."

I blinked in awe. Who gave someone money before they slept with them?

I tucked it inside my coat pocket and buttoned it up.

"Thanks. You guys really are the best." I smiled.

"We love you, you know? You are our friend, and friends look out for one another." Leylai chuckled and pushed me out the door. "Goodnight dear!"

I laughed and waved them goodbye, heading out into the rising sun and I smiled as I tracked my path back home.