The Sign Of Three

You look at the mirror in front of you and placed your hand on your tummy. It was still flat but you could feel the small bump forming slowly. You've been vomiting since last month and at first you thought it was just food poisoning so you ignored it but weeks passed and you're still vomiting. You sat on the chair and recalled when you last had sex. You counted the days and you massaged the bridge of your nose.

Hurriedly, you drove to the nearest pharmacy and bought three pregnancy test kits. Three of them came out positive. You we're scared, anxious, terrified and your panic attack was about to kick in but you managed to calm down.

"What would Tom say about this? Would he ask me to abort the baby. I can't! I won't!  I would never kill an innocent soul. What do I do. Oh god oh god help me."

Negative thoughts flooded your mind as you cry loudly in the cold bathroom. You were scared that Tom would stop loving you when he finds out about this. You were scared that he'd make you abort your baby.

You picked up your phone and called your best friend, Nat to ask for advice and help.

"Hello Natalie speaking."

"Nat!" you cried out loud "I need you help. Please tell me what to do. Please. Help me."

"Whoa whoa calm down. Why are you crying? Did Tom hurt you. That bastard im going to kill him!" she yelled

"Im pregnant Nat! Im pregnant. I don't know what to do. I am scared. Help me." You said, still sobbing

"have you told Tom about this??"

"N-no," you sniffled "I'm scared. Im scared that he'd stop loving me when he finds out. Im scared that he'll ask me to abort this baby. I cant abort my baby. I cant!"

"Listen to me carefully,  calm down, take a warm bath, rest, eat, go to sleep and when you wake up tomorrow tell him. Tom's not like that. Im sure he'll handle this situation calmly. So just relax and don't do anything stupid. "

"O-Okay. You're right. I should calm down. Thanks Nat."

You ended the call and prepared your warm bath. As you soak in the warm water you closed your eyes and imagined what life would be like with a child. A smile crept on your lips.

The bath had calmed you down but you were still worried. Tom came home around 8 and he sat down on the couch and watched the telly.

You lied down on his lap and snugggled. Suddenly a tear cascaded down your cheeks and you cried. Tom noticed and gave you a tight hug. You didn't want to let go. You were afraid you'd lose him.

"What's wrong love?" he asked, wiping the tears off your cheek with his thumb

"Do you love me Tom?" you whispered

"Of course I do. I love you more than anything. Now tell me, why are you crying?"

him saying that made you cry even more. He scooped you into his arms and planted soft kisses on your head.

"oh sweetheart" he sighed

you sniffled

"Tom, I, I am pregnant. Im sorry I didn't expect this to happen and it's okay if you dont love me anymore just please don't ask me to abort this baby I swear I wont tell people it's yours just dont ask me to abort this baby." you cried even louder

his face was tense and you braced yourself for the worst

"Darling, how could you say that. I will always love you and I would never ask you to kill an innocent baby. I love you. I love you a lot. Never ever doubt my love for you ever again." he said seriously

You stared at him and he gave you a tight hug. His hug made you feel safe and happy.

"I Love you" you whispered

he pulled away from the hug and planted a kiss on your tummy

"I love you too" he whispered back