Chapter Four: Future Founders

Percy did it. She found them. At least, she hoped she did.

Percy was not impressed. They were just children. Wait, she stopped to stare at her reflection in a golden plate. The girl looking back at her was not what usually greeted her.

Percy was younger. About seven if she had to guess. Her facial features were aristocratic. Her skin lost it's tan. It was now fair. Her lips were now thin. Her eyebrows were also thin with a more arched look added to them. She had her sea-green eyes and black hair. She even had her scars, but everything else looked off.

Percy stared at her reflection for a few moments before moving on.

This dance thing was pretty normal. Though the music was played by invisible musicians. Of course her mind supplied the every piece of information on the spell that was used. People gossiped and gave fake smiles and laughs. Everyone just seemed to be playing the politic game. Percy never was good with politics. She had to be able to get along with authoritive figures in order to do that. It was never necessary as a demigod fighter anyways.

Percy studied the four children talking from her place at the table. There was a red-headed boy with light brown eyes. He was the loudest of the group. That much was obvious considering Percy could hear his booming laughter from here. The girl next to him had blond hair. Her bright blue eyes shining with warmth and her delicate features would certainly attract men in the future. She and the red-headed boy seemed to be the most approachable ones of the group. The other two, not so much. The other girl had dark brown hair and cold, dark brown eyes with sharp facial features. She seemed more withdrawn. Especially considering she was a the same age as Percy, seven. The last boy was kind of scary. Not that it was going to stop Percy from befriending him, but still how does a ten year old look even vaguely scary. He had brown hair and emerald green eyes. There was an intelligent gleam in his eyes that was a bit different than the other brunette's. All the kids had a bored look on their faces. She couldn't blame them. The event was boring and they were young children.

Now how was Percy going to approach them without being creepy?

She inwardly shrugged. Let's just do this. Thinking too hard will just make her chicken out.

Percy walked up to the future founders, making sure to walk like a pureblood. Which meant back straight, chin high, and a slower speed as purebloods do not rush.

Salazar's mother died two years ago because some muggles decided that witches weren't welcome and stabbed her with a bunch of farm tools. It's going to be hard getting the kid to at least tolerate muggles (huh, already using wizard terms), but she was going to try. She wouldn't let this get in the way of the groups' friendship like it had before she came along.

"Why do all social events have to be so boring?" The redheaded boy complained (Percy guessed that he was the Griffindor dude).

"I've asked that question for most of my life," Percy said with her signature lop-sided grin. "I suspect it's just a place where adults gossip, get more power by making alliances with each other, boast about their power, and talk about politics with each other. Nothing children would like to engage in, but adults like to show off their children as well.

"Haven't thought of it that way," the dude said. "I'm Godric Griffindor. These are my friends Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff, and Salazar Slytherin. And you are?" the little seven year old asked.

Percy froze. Of course she forgot that the names in the tenth century are weird. She struggled to find a name. It sounded like the names had the same first letter. They kind of sounded like they came from animals. So should she just pick an animal and go from there.