Introduction

Hello and welcome to 'No marriage is happy ever after".

You all know the typical Cinderella story about the brass and bold heroine with hardly any money and certainly no connections. She falls in love with the mighty man with both fortune and name, and they must go through so much hardship, including breaking off his engagement to another woman that he doesn't love so that the lovers can get each other in the end.

I know I love them. Pride & Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Mansfield Park - not to mention the numerous books in that category that I have read here on Wattpad.

But what if all this doesn't happen? What if the rich man cannot escape the marriage and is forced to marry the woman he can't stand?

And what about the high bred woman who is betrothed to him? How does she feel when she knows that her husband loves another woman and will probably never love her?

How does she go on with her life, removed from her family and thrown into a new one when there is no caring spouse to be her solid rock?

This is her story. She is not the evil, cunning villain, but she is the one that has torn the lovers apart. This is the story of how she needs to figure out how to live her own life, before the resentment of her husband tears her apart.

This woman is named Louisa.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the end just a few disclaimers:

* English is not my mother tongue. Perhaps you will find some weird ways of expressing things or grammar that has no place in the real world. I would be so happy if you would point out these errors as well as typos if I don't catch them myself.

* I am not completely certain on the period yet but I am so far thinking that the story takes place in the first half of the 1800's. I try to do some research on how things were done back in that time, but should you find inconsistencies or downright errors concerning that era, I would once again ask you kindly to point it out.

* While drawing inspiration from other works, this story is entirely my own creation and should it be very similar to another story posted before this, then we simply have very similar imaginations.

* The cover is my own work. I'm not completely satisfied and might change it again soon.