"She completely disregarded the fact that you might have certain feelings that were just as strong as hers, and maybe stronger, so why blame yourself over something that she caused? Erik, you need to get out of the lair, forget Christine, and start a new life without her. I know what you are going to say. 'But Y/N, she was my one and only love, my muse, my Angel. I cannot forget her.' The truth is, you can, Erik, if you really try. There will be someone in this vast world who will love you just as much as you will love her, even if your face is different from all of the others. You need to stop drowning in your lake of anger and depression and start swimming in the larger, more beautiful ocean of happiness and joy. It will be much better if you do. Trust me; I know."

After Y/N's long speech, Erik paused, unable to form words. He was both insulted and amazed that Y/N would say this about Christine. It made Erik change his view of Christine. Maybe she was the one who made most of the mistakes, not him. Maybe he should move on like Y/N did with losing her parents.

Erik's new and improved view shattered in a moment when he realised that Christine was his first love. To him, nothing, not even all of Christine's wrong doings, could shatter that thought.

Erik's lips curled into a snarl filled with hatred. "How dare you speak of her that way," he growled. "She is my first love, my only love. I will never get over her. I will love her until the end of time, even if she doesn't love me. I don't care if it makes me unhealthy or even if it kills me. I will always love her. Nothing can change that. Can't you see it? Also, if you want to continue living with me, you will never insult Christine Daae again. She is, and will always be, more important that a silly friend."

His last few words ended with a sharp bite and a dagger to Y/N's heart. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes, but she kept herself contained, and simply nodded, still looking into his piercing bluish-green eyes. She kept herself composed, not wanting to worry Erik about affecting her feelings.

Y/N looked down and walked back to her room, silent tears spilling down her cheeks. She opened the curtain that separated her room from the rest of the lair and walked into her room, lying down on her bed. She let the tears spill down her face and onto the soft covers of the pillow. The salty tears soaked through the pillow case, wetting the area around her. She lay there for a while, until she heard Erik's soft snores and heavy breathing from across the lair. Then, she let everything loose. She quietly sobbed into the pillow, the sharp pain in her heart forcing her to lie on her left side. She sobbed and sobbed, wept and wept until she felt as if all of her energy had been drained from her body. Her eyes slowly closed and she fell into a dreamless sleep, only to awake later, remembering what had happened earlier that night, and cried until she fell asleep.

Little did she know, Erik awoke a few minutes after her, only to hear her soft but pained sobs from across the lair. He, too, felt a pain in his heart and fell asleep thinking of how he was going to apologize to her the next day.

Y/N shook her head, ridding herself of the memory. She instead thought of how amazing it had been to be so close to Erik.

She could see every detail of his face, every scratch and every wrinkle. She could count every perfectly sized, black eyelash and she could see every shade of blue and green in his eyes. She could remember how his thin but beautiful pink lips parted, showing the tips of his perfect, snow-white teeth. She remembered how she could see the flames of the candles flicker in his eyes and how handsome he looked in the candle light. Every one of his stunning features were illuminated, casting shadows on each other so they could look even more brilliant.

Y/N could still feel his sweet breath on her lips, his breath mixing with hers. She could still see the way he looked down at her lips. It was as if he looked at her with some kind of adoration in his eyes. Was it momentary lust? Was it the need to feel someone else's close presence? Whatever it was, it stunned Y/N. The way he looked at her was enough to make her dizzy.

He was looking at her the way he has never looked at her before. His eyes were staring into her eyes as if they were staring into her soul, filling it with warmth and love. The way his eyes flickered down to her lips gave Y/N hope and made her think that maybe, just maybe, there was a chance for her and him.

Y/N smiled at the thought, and trailed off to yet another fantasy.

Y/N thought about how close she and Erik were. All she had to have done is step forward, and their lips would connect, making them one. That's all she had to have done, and Erik would be hers. She had been so foolish to let Erik's scent and his face mesmerise her. If she had a clear mind, not a fuzzy, out of focus one, she could've been able to claim Erik, to start a new life with him without forgetting both the good and the bad memories of their old lives.

Y/N smiled at the many possibilities she and Erik had for a life together. She smiled at her fantasies, feeling content, until the thought of her "date" with Philippe in five days, on Friday. She rolled her eyes and let out an exasperated sigh and ran a hand down her face. She could not wait for that date to be over and it was only Monday.

Y/N sighed yet again, but this time, she sounded completely and utterly defeated. She lay down on her bed and thought about the horrors that were yet to become on Friday. Y/N rested her head on her pillow, letting the days roll by and letting Friday envelope her.

~

A/N: Wow! 224 views! Thank you so much for your views and I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Until next time!