24

It was morning again. Today marked the last fourteen days of our time together. Two more weeks, then he was gone.

As if knowing that as well, it felt like Charlie was clutching me a little tighter this morning.

He hummed and kissed my forehead when he sensed I was awake. I hummed back in response and smiled a little. Tiredly, I then opened my eyes and looked up at him.

My heart instantly squeezed. He looked so gorgeous with his golden hair all in a rumple and his face so relaxed as he breathed me in and sighed contently. His purple eyes glowed at me, but his smile won the shining competition. "Good morning," He said, his voice still gravelly with sleep.

"Morning," I replied, exhaling in relaxation as well when I felt utterly peaceful right now. If only the world could stop and stay like this... "How long have you been awake?"

He hummed again, thoughtfully. "About ten minutes. You were almost done with your REM cycle, so I let you sleep."

I chuckled. "How kind of you."

"You're welcome."

Smiling, we both pulled our faces together for a quick morning kiss, Charlie's breath being perfect as always. I wanted to linger, but I could only imagine how horrible my own breath was. I could just picture myself explaining his death to C.E.N.T.U.R.I.E.S.

Charlie didn't seem to mind at all, though, and if he did, he did a stellar job of hiding it. His lips caressed mine and his hand slowly crept up my side, tickling my ribcage, just below my chest.

"I love you," He pecked my lips and hummed in delight. "And I really love your breasts."

I pulled back and looked up at him. "Charlie!"

He immediately blinked, confused. "What?"

I chuckled again and took his crass compliment with a goofy smile. "It's nothing. It's just, you usually don't tell someone you love them, then point out the specific thing that you love, especially if it's a sexual part of the body."

"Why not?" He questioned with a frown. "How is that wrong? I love you and I love your breasts. How can one be good and the other not good? As long as I'm complimenting you, then what's the problem?"

"There's no problem, silly." I said and brushed his cheek. "As long as you mean well, then it's okay. Humans are complicated, and trust me when I say, not all men compliment women's breast just because they like them."

"Then why do it?"

"So they can touch them. Or even better, go home with the woman and have sex with her."

Charlie blinked even more confused. "I don't get it. If that's what they want, why not just tell them that? Seems time saving."

I let out a laugh and covered my mouth to control myself when Charlie frowned and looked so confused. I really didn't mean to laugh at him, but he was adorable. "It's not that simple. We don't go around just asking random people if they want to have sex with us. It's inappropriate."

"Inappropriate? To ask another human if they may please that other human in a healthy round of coitus?" He looked at me when I sighed and shook my head. "Why are humans so complicated? Whenever I ask you if you if I can be inside you, you never say no. Why can't they be easy like you?"