Chapter 2

"Why is he here? I bet he's here to catch us." Ianthe stood and began to once again strap knives and blasters anywhere she could. "Come on-"

"Telen. Stop it." Caldi rolled his eyes. "He's not here to destroy us, or he would have sent feelers in his place."

Ianthe looked up at him, her eyes meeting his.

"I will not work for him."

"Use your head, Telen. He wouldn't send anyone but himself if he wanted to use our services. He wouldn't let anyone else go, or they could leak the information of what he wants, which could-"

"Tarnish his reputation," Ianthe finished. "The slug. I'll see what he wants."

"No!" Darcen yelped as he stood. "I mean, no. You shouldn't."

"And why not?" Ianthe rose from the bed and gazed at Darcen. The tension was electric, her eyes on his, challenging his every move. Nobody kept Ianthe Telen from what she was determined to do.

"He shouldn't see that you're behind the organization. I mean, he already knows who Ianthe Telen is, or he wouldn't be here, but he doesn't know that you're Ianthe Telen. That could ruin future missions."

"Then I'll just wear a mask and take a voice modulator." Ianthe smirked and went to a different closet to pull out what she needed.

"Thea!"

But Ianthe was already pulling on the cloak, casting it far over her face, shrouding her in shadows. For extra measure, she pulled on a pair of long gloves, covering her hands and arms. Now, not even an inch of skin was showing, which would make it much harder to recognize her. She peered into her mirror on the wall as she carefully tucked the modulator in one of her pockets and pulled its microphone over her mouth.

"Perfect." Ianthe's voice was now deep and garbled, as if she was a droid or some forgotten species of old. "Caldi, lead the way to where you're keeping him."

"I still don't like this, Ianthe." Darcen's eyes followed her as she left the room, but the bounty hunter remained silent.

As Caldi led Ianthe though the twists and turns of the base, neither of them spoke. It was just Ianthe's boots echoing through the halls and Caldi's crisp walking.

Finally, they reached one of the meeting rooms, and he led Ianthe inside.

Sitting in two chairs in front of a large desk was a pair of people- Senator Kenobi and his wife. The Senator had dark brown eyes, chocolate colored hair, and a slight tan. He was just barely heavyset. He certainly had broad shoulders. His wife, on the other hand, had wispy, golden-colored hair, electric blue eyes, and looked as if she could blow away during a strong sandstorm on Tatooine. The couple was holding hands.

"Hello, Senator," Ianthe sneered from underneath her cloak. "I hear you're in need of my services."

"That would be correct." He said as he tugged warily on his collar.

As Ianthe walked around them to get to her desk, she bit her lip. She had always been told politicians would remain calm and seemingly on top of things in every situation, even if they weren't. They constantly wore masks and painted facades. But what Ianthe was witnessing from Kenobi was something else entirely. He seemed nervous. Terribly nervous.

And she would use that.

Ianthe took her time sitting down. She put her boots on the desk, as usual, and slowly looked up at the Senator.

"Please explain your presence at my base." Ianthe crossed her hands behind her head.

"I've heard you're a bounty hunter... of a- of a sort." Kenobi shot a look at his wife. Almost imperceptibly, she shrugged one shoulder.