The Kingsroad

Summer brought Hodor and Lady Catelyn to Bran.
     "Bran!" She screams.
     "Hodor!" Hodor exclaims.
     "Hodor, get him to Maester Luwin," Lady Catelyn cries.
     His head was still in my lap. I sit limply as Hodor lifts the unconscious boy off the ground. My stare is blank. I can't begin to comprehend what had just happened.
Lady Catelyn looks at me,"What happened!"
"I-i don't know," I mutter. "I think he fell."
"Well, obviously," she rolls her eyes. "Did you see him fall?"
"No, I-i heard Summer barking," I answer.
     She gets up and storms off. I can't believe what I had seen. I saw him fall in me dream that I had had in Arya's room.
I remember the lion paw that pushed him out of the tower. I slowly rise from the ground and try to make my way up the broken tower. I finally reach the room where I believe Bran fell from. I look around and I don't see anyone in here. I don't understand.

     I here a knock on my bedroom door. I have not left my bedroom since Bran was discovered.
    "C-come in," I chock out. I have been crying my eyes out. Jon slowly opens the door.
    "Lyarra," he whispers.
    "What do you want?" I ask coldly.
    "First of all," he says, "you need to eat something. You haven't eaten anything at all."
    "Bran," I whisper.
    "Bran isn't going to die, Lyarra," he says calmly. "He'll won't be able to use his legs, but he won't die."
    "How do you know that!" I yell. "He's still in a coma! Anything can happen, Jon! I did this to him! I'm the one who showed him how to climb the tower and then he fell! I ruined his life! When and if he wakes up, he'll probably hate me!"
    "He won't hate you," he says still calm. "All of the younger ones love you. You're good with them. Even when Sansa was little, you made her dolls for her to play with. You're a good sister."
    "Then why are you leaving me?" I ask plainly. "Why are you leaving me to go be brothers with a bunch of rapers and thieves? It's not what you think it is, Jon. You won't get glory. You won't get honor. The only thing you'll get, is probably frostbite."
    He stared at me with a saddened expression.
    "Father's looking for you," he says, "they're about to leave."
    I shake my head and start gathering my stuff. He didn't quite get it.
    "Also, I got you something," Jon says.
    He hands me a long, brown parcel. I lay it on my bed and tear it open. It was a long sword.
    "I had a different one made for Arya and I got you one too." He says. "I know you're not the best fighter, but you can practice and get better." I stare plainly at him. "All the best swords have names, you should give yours a name."
    I throw it in my bag and walk up next to him. "Betrayer." I say and I walk out of the room leaving him speechless.

I stand outside the door of Bran's bedroom. I have not come to see him at all. I'm not going to lie, I'm scared. I don't want to see him like that. I don't want to look at him knowing that he'll never be able to walk again. I don't want to look at that innocent, sleeping face, but I'm going in anyway.
I enter the room and Lady Catelyn looks at me. It's a hard glare. She had not left his side. I guess that's what a mother should do. Never leave his side. However, there's still Rickon. He needed her too.
     "What do you want," she snaps.
     "I just wanted to say goodbye,"I say.
     "Make it quick," she says.
     I walk over to the side of his bed. He looks so peaceful. He looks like a sweet angel. I grab his hand.
     "Hey," I speak up, "I'm sorry that I didn't come sooner. I guess I was in denial. I wish it was me who fell out of the tower and not you. Why would the gods want to hurt such an innocent angel? Why would they be so merciless? I'm leaving soon, but we'll see each other again. I'll do anything you want. Anything. I promise." By now many tears are rolling down my cheeks. I look up to Lady Catelyn and she's crying too. I kiss sweet Bran's cheek. "Goodbye, sweet Bran," I say.
     I get up and walk out of the room. I wipe the tears from my face, but they keep coming. I walk out to the courtyard and it's very busy. Robb sees me and almost runs to me. He embraces me in a soft hug. He lifts me off the ground and carefully sets me down again.
     "He's going to be ok," he whispers.
     I nod and he hugs me again.
     "Come on now," he says. "Father is waiting for you."
     "I'm going to miss you," I say as we walk.
     "I'll miss you too," he says.
     "Looks like you're Lord of Winterfell now," I smile up at him.
     "Indeed I am," he says.
     "You're going to do a great job," I say.
     "Well I would like to think that I won't run this place into shit," he laughs.
     "I'll come and save your ass if you do," I giggle.
     "You have to stay with Father though," he says. "It may not be safe for you in Kings Landing."
     "Well I have a promise to fulfill," I say and he rolls his eyes.
     "Tell me you're not actually going to..." he says.
     "I made a promise and I always keep my promises," I smile, but he doesn't smile back.
     "I'm being serious," he looks at me with deep eyes. "Be careful."
     "I will" I answer.
     He helps me onto my horse, but not before giving me one last hug.
     "Goodbye, Lord Stark," I yell.
     "Goodbye, Snow," he waves.

     The men who were going to the wall will travel with us until the rode splits. I ride in the back so I don't get in the way off any of the Kings Guard. Father rides a little ahead of me, but every now and then he looks back at me as if to see if I was okay. We finally reach to where the rode separates and Jon will finally be leaving to join the Knights Watch. Him and Father stop and talk for a minute. As I ride by them I hear Father tell him how Jon may not have the Stark name ,but he has Stark blood. Jon looks at me with hope that I might say goodbye to him before he leaves. I don't though. They finish their talk and Jon leaves with the other men. I look back and he's looking back at me too. We both stare for a second ,but I break it by looking ahead.
"Jon says you're mad at him," a voice startles me.
"I guess I am," I say to my father.
"He's only doing what he wants, Lyarra," Father says. "You can't get mad at him for that."
"You say that it's what he wants, but you want it too," I say. "You never told him what actually goes on at the wall because you don't want him in Winterfell or with you."
"Lyarra," he threatens.
"But now I have to go with you, bringing the shame with you to Kings Landing," I test. "If we're so shameful to you, then why didn't you throw us in the river or at least leave us with our actual mother."
     He looks down and then I get it.
     "She's dead isn't she," I ask.
     He looks at me, "Lyarra."
     "Don't worry, now I know," I say.
     We don't talk for several minutes until he breaks the silence.
"I need you to be careful here in Kings Landing," he says.
"I'm sure I can handle myself," I say.
"I don't doubt that, but Kings Landing is a dangerous place for you," he says.
"I may be a bastard, but I can take care of myself," I say again.
"Promise me you'll be safe," Father says.
I hesitate, "I promise."

     We stop to take refuge in the Riverlands somewhere. I walk with Meri through the woods not far from the camp. Arya was off somewhere with some butcher's boy and Sansa had started walking off with Prince Joffrey. He looks like such a prick. Father told me not to go far ,so I stopped at a river that was only five minutes away. I sat down on a log and Meri starts to play in the water. She looked at me and she had a large fish in her mouth. I laughed ,but she pays no attention as she brings the fish by me and starts to devour it. She saves a tiny bite left for me I take the piece of meat off the cleared, fish bones.
"Thank you ,Meri," I say as I pet the dog. "I really wish Jon had not gone to the Wall, but he thinks he's made the right choice." She looks at me like she knows exactly what I'm thinking. I ease off the log and get closer to the river bed. I sit right in front of where the water touches land. I lay down and look at the sky. It's so calm and quite that I begin to doze off.

"Lyarra!" Says a far off voice.
I awake and it is night time. I quickly sit up and I see light through the trees. Something was wrong.
"Lyarra," yells the voice again. It was my father's. I get up and run towards the light. I see my father's worried look on his face. He looks at me and embraces me.
"What's wrong?" I ask still a bit groggy.
"Arya, she's missing," he explains.
That's all it took for me to instantly be awake. I start running. I yell her name, but I don't see anything. I see darkness. Everything is dark. Everything.