Kingdom Flaws (14)

Start from the beginning

They were more into clothing, hair and pretty petty things. All in all they probably never really gave any attention to Nemesis because she was most likely to be looked down upon. Nemesis was on the fairly light side for muro's so girls probably already didn't like her in many ways. 

Girls in general get tense whenever it comes to beauty. The fact Nemesis doesn't really see her uniqueness they probably ignored her since she isn't weak.

I clenched my jaws hard together and swooped her loose hairs around her ear so I could get a good look of her sleeping face.

She was beautiful in her own ways. A diamond in the rough who never acknowledged herself as a girl. Nemesis was blooming really only in early twenties and soon when she plunged into her years would her beauty shine. I could sense it.

Yet the darkness that illuminated from her skin made me flinch. It scared me so much I was underestimating my own fear of her.

The only reason why because it wasn't even her full strength, but a messily one percent of her full potential-What i felt back there, what she did. Was an example.

I don't know how I know this, but my instincts don't lie. They never do. She wasn't even human with the amount of power she had, she was a monster. 

A monster.

I didn't want to tell her, but sooner or later I would have too. I leaned in closely and hugged her hard. The truth stabbing me several times once again in the back. I hugged her so hard I didn't want to lose her.

This was fate playing with me, taunting me for all those years I've defied death. This was my punishment.

Letting go of Nemesis I walked over back to my sword and placed it back in my hilt. I walked back over and picked up her sleeping body and walked back to the academy where the rest were.

As I walked the sun  gleamed on Nemesis's skin to make her seem like she was glowing. So serene, yet so deadly.

A hidden knife indeed. A poisoned hidden knife...

***************************************************************************

(-Nemesis's POV-)

I was woken up abruptly by Ritava. Wiping my eye with my fist I sat up to find the everyone asleep. Yerska asleep also with her sword in her hand sitting beside a wall. I looked up to Ritava whose expression was solemn, tired and unsteady.

He had two shovel in one hand. Two cloths as well. He threw me one and without even thinking I wrapped it around my mouth and nose. Slowly tying it behind my head I stood up numbly and put on appropriate clothing for going outside.

Ritava didn't have to say anything. Didn't even have to look at me strangely. We both understood this mission. This personal mission that was meant for us.

Ready with my wear I took the shovel from his hand and carefully tiptoed through the bodies on the floor and out the door.

The room we were in was only a small section of the guarding academy we seeked refugee in. The huge building was eerily quit. The laughter's and low husky chuckles I used to hear when in this place was forever gone.

The sound of it too numb for me to do anything about it. I clenched the shovel hard and pushed my emotions into my stride.

My skin shaking as I set foot outside. The dim wet air moving through my nostrils with appreciation. I breathed it in and somewhat calmed down.

I set my sights on the careful path I've walked for, for years. Each step even harder than the last I closed my eyes instead and let my sense do the walking. At first I walked, than jogged with frustration and soon i was running with desperation.