Chapter 7: Le restaurant

I picked the one on Bernard street, because I loved their beet salad. The Virgo in me wanted to be secure, know what I was going to eat and control the environment. Jacob had never been there so it was a perfect spot. 

"Maybe we can sit on the terrace." I said, on my way to work, the rainy day affecting my mood. This summer sucked. 

"Unpredictable." He said, pointing to the sky. "The worst summer in history. We are always breaking records for shit like that. I hate this weather."

These daily walks with coffee have become part of our morning routine now. At least three times a week he texts me to wait for him at the corner of Saint-Laurent and Mont-Royal and brings me coffee from my favourite coffee shop that he initially hated. 

"This is probably the best coffee in the city," he joked, "Who woulda thought?"

I rolled my eyes again. It seems that is a daily thing now. 

"You're such a snob. A Starbucks snob." I took a sip of the coffee. "Starbucks sucks, admit it."

"It's reliable." Jacob shrugged his shoulders. "You, look stunning this morning, by the way, love the bodysuit."

I was wearing a coral bodysuit, how could he even tell it was a bodysuit? I swear, he knew more about fashion than most women I knew. 

"So tomorrow night, meet you at Le Restaurant at 8pm ok? I have a few things to do with the kids and I will meet you, alright?"

"Sure." I was a little disappointed that he didn't offer to pick me up. That was the only restaurant that didn't have a hotel attached to it, so that was why I selected it unconsciously.

"Do you have any roommates?" he asked smirking.

"No. Why?"

"Just asking." He smiled. 

"This is me," I said, stopping in front of the doors to my office. 

He opened the door. "Have a great day, Aurora. See you tomorrow night."

"You too, yes.  See you then."

He didn't text me the next day all day up until 7:00 pm. He sent me a quick text: I thought about you all day. I can't wait to see you. I'll be there five minutes late xx. 

I sent him a smiley face and continued to get dressed. I had changed at least five times. I felt nervous. A first date with a guy I said I would never sleep with and the only thing on my mind was precisely that. What is wrong with me?